"Freddy x2" ??

RockPile007

You don't think that a guy like Taylor wouldn't take a little less money to play on a team that, in theory, should be amongst the 5 teams most favored to win the Super Bowl, as opposed to a Buffalo team that has been struggling to break the .500 hump for almost a decade? Even if New England didn't make it to the Super Bowl (or the playoffs for that matter) the media attention on that team will be 100 times that of the Billls, barring a 10-0 start... at this point in Fred Taylors' career, when the sports media keeps asking if he is HOF worthy, I would think adding, and preserving his legacy would be more important to him than a million dollars... going to, and contributing to a Super Bowl caliber team will help Taylor more than, the more likely scenario, of fading into obscurity in Buffalo.

In case you haven't been paying attention, Fred Taylor has not missed all that much time in Jacksonville the last few seasons. Being part of a 1-2 punch with Maurice Jones-Drew has done wonders to revitalize his play. I am with you, assuming Lynch is in uniform, and healthy, he is the #1 guy. It really has nothing to do with the off-field stuff. That said, I would rather have three good running backs than two. I haven't seen much of Xavier Omon, but what I have seen, I haven't been real impressed.

I have no illusions that he'd take less money to play on a contender at this point in his career. He has nothing to prove and little left to achieve as his career winds down. Buffalo, with their cash-to-cap, will have to outbid for his services just like they did when they brought back Peerless Pricetag for $10M to snatch him out of signing with New England which had offered him the vet minimum.