Can people really be this stupid?

The_Philster

i agree with you.......i never watch the probowl..............anytime you let the fans pick who is playing and not let the players stats dictate who is playing it is a sham........if they want to do something different maybe they should just throw a huge dinner party at the end of the year for the best players at each position and call them a all pro......

The fan voting accounts for 1/3 of the results, with the remaining 2/3's being players and coaches choices. And they do have an "ALL-PRO" team at the end of the year...where have you been?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as Albany exists (in the political sense), New York State is history. A great State ruined......

NY has some of the most ridiculous taxes in the nation, and yet it's always in a financial mess (even before the worldwide economic collapse). Buffalo is my old home town of 30 years, yet I can't imagine a scenario where I would willingly come back home. I miss two sisters who still live there, the people in general, the Bills and the Sabres, friends, and yet......

Buffalo and New York garnered the distain from most of this nation the old fashioned way, they earned it. How can so many local and State representatives be so lacking year after year, generation after generation and continue to get elected, is mind boggling.

I will always be a Buffalonian, and proud of it, but it's a financial wreck. I have a family to care and provide for them the best I can, and Buffalo NY doesn't favor this economically.

individual politicians get re-elected because they bring home the bacon (as in "pork") for the locals.

since re-election is job one, there will never be any focus on fixing the big picture and the long term.

Sorry if this lumps me in with the stupid people of which you speak, but like you, I want to like the Pro Bowl, but I don't think I have watched an entire Pro Bowl game since the mid-1990's when the Bills had heavy representation. I tuned in a little this year, for the obligatory Bruce Smith and Ralph Wilson tributes, and just to see how Marshawn was doing.

nothing stupid about not liking the Pro Bowl...just a matter of taste...stupid is thinking that the most violent of the major sports should hold a meaningless game in the middle of the season

skills competitions could be a different story because there's no contact...but you also run into the chance of putting wear and tear on a QB's arm, etc by doing that midseason. They've already said they were going to cut back on Trent's practice reps next season because his arm got too worn out this season

First we have this gem

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns...ory/586644.html

Obviously this is someone doesn't know football as much as he claims..the NFL is too violent a league for an all-star game to be held midseason. Too much risk of injury and as far as using it for a Bye week, players (and their coaches) actually utilize their bye week to recuperate from the aches and pains of playing. Let's also consider the fact that the networks pay for 17 weeks of regular season football.

Then we have this

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns...ory/586643.html

This person really thinks little of the people of Buffalo...first in insulting the way we live and then by saying that we'd actually continue to follow them if they left

The Buffalo News really needs to screen their letters better

The reason for bye weeks is to give the networks 17 weeks of games to televise instead of 16. He doesn't get that and he also doesn't get that it wouldn't be a bye week for all the teams. All of the best players would not get a bye and the pro bowl teams would only have one week to prepare game plans. I don't believe any players would play in the game. All the starters would excuse themselves and the game would be played by backups.

Since jobs are so easy to find in any economy, thousands of people packing up leaving Buffalo for the same city would be very easy. :beer:

The first one is not so much "stupid" as it is ignorant to the nature of the NFL season.

The second one, on the other hand, is one of the dumbest things I've ever had the misfortune of reading. Anybody who thinks a Bills fan would just pack up their family and move to a different city to follow a football team isn't in touch with reality one bit.

:wacko:

Didn't Robert Edwards - the RB from New England - tear three ligaments in a flag football game?

Nobody cares about the Pro Bowl. Scrap it and maybe do an awards ceremony like the NHL does after the season, or else have a skills competition/trick play showcase.

I think one of their receivers was hurt playing flag football on the beach and twisted his knee and it pretty much wrecked his career.

I honestly don't know what to do with the pro bowl. Something does have to change because it is a joke. I absolutley love football and watch as much of it as I can, but I can't stand the pro bowl. I hate all-star games in general.

But I think that having the game mid-season and making it the bye week for teams is a good idea. Of course there's injury risk, but that is something you can't avoid in football. I think it's a better time for it than after or before the SB. And it certainly would make fantasy football better too because you don't have to change your lineup due to the constant byes.

Here's an idea. With holographic technology being what it is today they should do a holographic image of each player on the field. Then let each player have control over his own likeness. It would be funny as hades and they could play very aggressively.

Here's an idea. With holographic technology being what it is today they should do a holographic image of each player on the field. Then let each player have control over his own likeness. It would be funny as hades and they could play very aggressively.

In other words, they should just play Madden. :beer:

First we have this gem

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns...ory/586644.html

Obviously this is someone doesn't know football as much as he claims..the NFL is too violent a league for an all-star game to be held midseason. Too much risk of injury and as far as using it for a Bye week, players (and their coaches) actually utilize their bye week to recuperate from the aches and pains of playing. Let's also consider the fact that the networks pay for 17 weeks of regular season football.

Then we have this

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns...ory/586643.html

This person really thinks little of the people of Buffalo...first in insulting the way we live and then by saying that we'd actually continue to follow them if they left

The first writer is a retard for caring that much about the pro bowl.

The second writer has a good sense of humor.

The fan voting accounts for 1/3 of the results, with the remaining 2/3's being players and coaches choices. And they do have an "ALL-PRO" team at the end of the year...where have you been?

you missed my point entirely...i was just saying throw abanquet or a party or have a event for the all pros.....i think the pro bowl is a joke...special rules and even if its onlt 1/3 fan choice its still a sham......and like you posted to the other poster just dont watch it then.....and that is what i do...i never watch the pro bowl..go bills in"2012

Actually, they do a pretty good job IMO...of picking the 'stupidest letters of the week' that people will then talk about in forums like this. It's how the "letters" game is played.

That is an ignorant idea.

The probowl game should be played the week before the superbowl, while it is still football season. I guarantee that the ratings for the game would be much higher than it is. People are still in football mode, after the superbowl, they are looking to other things.

The probowl game should be played the week before the superbowl, while it is still football season. I guarantee that the ratings for the game would be much higher than it is. People are still in football mode, after the superbowl, they are looking to other things.

Even if the players from the two Super Bowl teams aren't there? You think players duck the Pro Bowl now, just wait until a.) it's no longer in Hawaii, and b.) there's a danger of getting hurt in a meaningless game and missing a chance to play in the Super Bowl.

Should be a barrel of fun next year in Miami.

A lot of the best players will be playing in the SB which would eliminate them from the Pro Bowl. Leave it the way it is. The players, coaches and their families love the vacation in Hawaii.

As long as Albany exists (in the political sense), New York State is history. A great State ruined......

NY has some of the most ridiculous taxes in the nation, and yet it's always in a financial mess (even before the worldwide economic collapse). Buffalo is my old home town of 30 years, yet I can't imagine a scenario where I would willingly come back home. I miss two sisters who still live there, the people in general, the Bills and the Sabres, friends, and yet......

Buffalo and New York garnered the distain from most of this nation the old fashioned way, they earned it. How can so many local and State representatives be so lacking year after year, generation after generation and continue to get elected, is mind boggling.

I will always be a Buffalonian, and proud of it, but it's a financial wreck. I have a family to care and provide for them the best I can, and Buffalo NY doesn't favor this economically.

One of the big problems with NYS is New York City. Everybody's tax dollar no matter where you live in the state goes to support NYC. When you have 14 million people to support in the city & the near surrounding areas it puts a drain on the rest of the state. I will never understand how WNY has Niagara Falls next to it, which generates a ton of natural electricity however WNYers pay the highest electric bills in the state. How is that fair? NYC & the tribourough area should be it's own separate state.

One of the big problems with NYS is New York City. Everybody's tax dollar no matter where you live in the state goes to support NYC. When you have 14 million people to support in the city & the near surrounding areas it puts a drain on the rest of the state. I will never understand how WNY has Niagara Falls next to it, which generates a ton of natural electricity however WNYers pay the highest electric bills in the state. How is that fair? NYC & the tribourough area should be it's own separate state.

I don't have a link but the Demagogue and Comical had a piece on the distribution of New York tax dollars a few years back and it worked out pretty much evenly across the state based on the population of counties.