Modrak speaks:

Buftex

So Tom Modrak speaks...he defends Dick Jauron, and then (kinda) takes a swipe at him....

"I think it is a good core," Modrak said. "In my mind, we are better than we showed. Now, we have to do that and prove that. I can say all I want to, but we have to show it with W's."

So, in other words, Modrak is saying he and John Guy have done their job (it's a good core), but Jauron and his staff haven't held up their end of the bargain ("In my mind, we are better than we showed").

from Tim Graham:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-5-3...be-better-.html

So Tom Modrak speaks...he defends Dick Jauron, and then (kinda) takes a swipe at him....

"I think it is a good core," Modrak said. "In my mind, we are better than we showed. Now, we have to do that and prove that. I can say all I want to, but we have to show it with W's."

So, in other words, Modrak is saying he and John Guy have done their job (it's a good core), but Jauron and his staff haven't held up their end of the bargain ("In my mind, we are better than we showed").

from Tim Graham:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-5-3...be-better-.html

Agreed.

Dick Jauron is the worst coach in the NFL, if he truly cared about what was best for the Buffalo Bills he would have resigned last year.

There's plenty of blame to go around.

you just can't find anyone in specific that has final accountability due to the multi-headed clown show they run at OBD.

As evidenced by Modrak's comments, it is way too easy to point the finger and pass the buck and keep collecting those paychecks while lounging in the sun in Florida.

The Bills will never contend until they clean out the clown show and demand accountability from the top down.

if he wants to do better, he could start by getting his ass up to buffalo. the guy's on a permanent paid vacation and our personnel decisions are proof.

So a name plate on a door would solve everything? The draftees are elsewhere, which is where the talent evaluators need to be. Let the Sabres rely on video scouting....

Yep. They need one guy, just one guy to run the show. One guy, as GM, who has a vision and can build a winner. The GM-by-committe inner circle is just a circle-jerk.

Call me crazy (or call me Chris Mortenson!), but I still say the only solid decision that Ralph Wilson has made, concerning the Bills in the last 10 years, was the hiring of a team president/General manager. He had the right idea in hiring Tom Donohoe, just, possibly the wrong guy. Unfortunately, the Tom Donohoe experience has scared Ralph away from the concept.

Call me crazy (or call me Chris Mortenson!), but I still say the only solid decision that Ralph Wilson has made, concerning the Bills in the last 10 years, was the hiring of a team president/General manager. He had the right idea in hiring Tom Donohoe, just, possibly the wrong guy. Unfortunately, the Tom Donohoe experience has scared Ralph away from the concept.

Yeah, it's too bad that soured him on one-person GMs. Of course we also had Bill Polian who was shunned in favour of Ralph's moronic, stubborn-rich-girl daughter. What a mess.

Agreed.

Dick Jauron is the worst coach in the NFL, if he truly cared about what was best for the Buffalo Bills he would have resigned last year.

Dick Jauron has his share of the blame from last season debacle...But he is not the worst coach in the NFL...THere are plenty that are worse than DJ.