Never heard anything like it

You guys and gals listen to McGee on the post-game show? I have never heard a NFL player say he didn't have a lot of confidence in himself, didn't know that he would be a good kick returner, and that basically the coaches (Bobby April) convinced him that he would be really good. He sounded like he just didn't think he would be good at it, amazing. Even though he was a very good punt returner in college (at a small school) I am not sure that he ever returned KO very much before last year when he had about 6-7.

Guest Guest_Coach_Tuesday

Why aren't we using McGee as a "slash" player on offense? The guy reminds me of Randel-El... couldn't hurt, esp. if Reed is gonna be out for awhile.

You guys and gals listen to McGee on the post-game show? I have never heard a NFL say he didn't have a lot of confidence in himself, didn't know that he would be a good kick returner, and that basically the coaches (Bobby April) convinced him that he would be really good. He sounded like he just didn't think he would be good at it, amazing. Even though he was a very good punt returner in college (at a small school) I am not sure that he ever returned KO very much before last year when he had about 6-7.

94309[/snapback]

We heard that to driving home. Not your run of the mill NFL guy. I think he is going to make the team, though.

McGee is an example of the Bills scouts absolutely nailing a complete unknown. Not even McGee knew he could play at this level.

He's the best KR we've ever had. You watch. He's gonna get a third, and then we'll at least have something exciting to talk about. If he gets 4, it ties the NFL record for KR TDs in a single season, held by Dante Hall and Sumuther Guye.

McGee is an example of the Bills scouts absolutely nailing a complete unknown. Not even McGee knew he could play at this level.

He's the best KR we've ever had. You watch. He's gonna get a third, and then we'll at least have something exciting to talk about. If he gets 4, it ties the NFL record for KR TDs in a single season, held by Dante Hall and Sumuther Guye.

94416[/snapback]

I really wish we had picked up Sumuther Guye when we had the chance. It's funny how some people want Bledsoe benched in exchange for Matthews. Or Losman. When I think most everyone would agree we'd just rather have Sumuther Guye at quarterback.

We really missed the boat on that one. Further proof Donahoe sucks.

The reason why McGee is good is because he is a north/south runner.  Get the damn ball and run up field.  If a hole opens up great, if not you still got a few yards.  Hopefully he doesn't fall into this sideline to sideline crap that most return men do.

94520[/snapback]

I miss Antonio Brown.............. ;)

94416[/snapback]

let's take into account too the excellent blocking he has been receiving, (fletcher, stamer)

94416[/snapback]

Actually, he was not an unknown...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/mcgee_terrence

The reason why McGee is good is because he is a north/south runner.  Get the damn ball and run up field.  If a hole opens up great, if not you still got a few yards.  Hopefully he doesn't fall into this sideline to sideline crap that most return men do.

94520[/snapback]

I think there are a lot of reasons he is a great returner already. In fact, the touchdown yesterday was an east-west thing. He was running to the other side, saw a small hole, made one quick decision and cut upfield and then exploded in the same motion. To me, the reason he is good is because he can accelerate so fast. Those two-three steps where he can reach full speed quicker than the guy chasing him, along with an uncanny ability to not lose much speed on a cut is what separates him from just good returners. he also makes great decisions, and has excellent moves. His returns so far have no just been flukes, he has done it right with his head and body.