Mayock just announced his latest Top 20

lets_go_bills

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If my job was watch and break down players on college teams ALL of the time, I mean 40 hours a week for instance having access to any game film I would ever want, but I know I would spend more gladly because of how much I just love the game, I would know every detail about every individual from a football standpoint that set foot on the field. I'd probably be a pretty darn good analyst and overall talent evalutor as well. These guys live the good life. One thing I could admit though, I would still be a Bills and Fightin Irish homer <_<

He knows more about football then the collective Football IQ of this entire board.

Anyone who doesn't respect his opinions is sorely lacking in knowledge, JMO.

Peria Jerry to Buffalo..not saying I want it exactly...But, I think this will be the guy the Bills pick w/ #11

Peria Jerry, DT

* Height: 6'2"

* Weight: 299

* College: Mississippi

* Conference: SEC

* Hometown: Batesville, MS

* High School: Hargrave (VA) Military Academy

Overview

Possesses rare burst off the snap, lateral quickness and a nose for the football. Emerged as one of the flashiest prospects at any position in the 2009 draft. A highly touted prep prospect, Jerry spent the 2004 season with Hargrave Military Academy before arriving at Mississippi. He broke out as a junior, earning second team All-SEC accolades by finishing with 58 tackles, including 14 tackles for loss. Often faced two blockers in 2008, when Jerry improved his play behind the line and led the SEC with 18 tackles for loss. He was a four-time SEC Defender of the Week as a senior, and raised his stock even more with a dominating week of practice at the Senior Bowl. He's likely to be a top-20 pick in April.

High School

While playing for South Panola High in Batesville, was selected first team All-State and Class 5A Defensive Player of the Year by the Mississippi Association of Coaches ... Also named first team All-State by The Clarion-Ledger ... Member of RebelGrove.com Mississippi 15 Finest list ... Rated No. 11 on Rivals.com Mississippi Top 20 ... Made Mobile Register's Super Southeast 120 ... Was a member of Max Emfinger's Super South Top 200, which rated Jerry as the No. 6 inside linebacker in the region ... Member of Clarion-Ledger's Top 40 recruits in Mississippi and The Sun-Herald's Top 30 ... PrepStar All-Region and SuperPrep All-Dixie ... Selected to play in the 2004 Mississippi-Alabama All-Star Classic in Mobile, Ala. ... A three-year starter who capped off his senior season by leading South Panola with 104 tackles, which included seven tackles for loss and three QB sacks ... Helped South Panola finish with a perfect 15-0 record in 2003, which was good enough to win the Class 5A state championship and earn a final No. 9 national ranking by USA Today ... Sat out his junior season ... Career statistics at South Panola included 255 tackles and 16 QB sacks ... Earned three letters in football ... Coached in high school by Ricky Woods.

Analysis

Positives: Quick, active three-technique tackle. ... Good height and adequate girth inside. ... Very quick off the snap, able to beat the down block by tackles or penetrate to force the quarterback to rush his decision. ... Gets his hands inside guards' jerseys to push the pocket. ... Chases downfield on plays away from him, and works hard to make a tackle when the ball is in his area. ... Uses his hands well to defeat cut blocks inside. ... Handles double-teams pretty well when playing the nose considering his height, and is able to get off the double to get to the ball. ... Emerged as the unquestioned leader of the Ole Miss defensive line. ... Dominant week at the Senior Bowl. ... Good bloodlines. ... Cousins Eddie Strong and Dwayne Rudd both played linebacker in the NFL.

Negatives: Makes a lot of plays when slanting toward the action. ... Needs to play stronger at the point against the run. ... Can play a bit high in rushing situations, causing him to lose the leverage battle. ... Lacks great awareness, as he does not keep his eyes in the backfield. ... Takes himself out of plays too often. ... Needs to stay on his feet against stronger linemen. ... Low test score. ... May struggle with a complicated playbook.

I'm watching the Combine show on NFLN and they just showed his Top 20 big board. Just a point of interest here for those who still have questions/doubts about Pettigrew.

This was before the combine; he'll change things now. Frequently. If Pettigrew is the 11th overall pick, it isn't saying much about the guys behind him.

I'm watching the Combine show on NFLN and they just showed his Top 20 big board. Just a point of interest here for those who still have questions/doubts about Pettigrew.

while we need a tight end, we need to play some defense that imposes their will on people. a tight end may be picked up but at eleven we may as well get another corner back.

mayock is a douche

man try being real,what he forgot about football most of us will never know. did you really just make that comment to make yourself look like a complete idiot try getting a life the only douche is you after making that comment.

if you dont have anything constructive to say just shut up!

while we need a tight end, we need to play some defense that imposes their will on people. a tight end may be picked up but at eleven we may as well get another corner back.

we all know we need a speed rusher. however if there is not one in this draft that suits our system and thats what its looking like then you cant take one @ 11.

unfortunately this is a bad year for DE but reaching for one @ 11 would be a deadly mistake both financially and tlaent wise. we cannot afford to bust on the 11th pick espicially this year. we have to take the best player available regardless of position.

Or the fact that he actually played in the NFL for three years ...

or the fact that he gets most of his information from other peoples work

a lot of people played in the NFL, it doesnt mean they are experts

it would be different if the guy went out and did it on his own and then was hired by NFL Network but he was an announcer that was hired by NFL Network to be their draft guy and boom, all of a sudden he's a so called draft expert

For real? Guy called college games for over 10 years before hiring on at NFLN, and the draft is his full-time job.

Oh, wait. I see what you did there. He doesn't have KIPER'S background, so he obviously can't be legit. Breaking: there's more than one way to become an "expert" at something.

He would have to take a 500% paycut if he did.

Exactly, scouts make crapola.

or the fact that he gets most of his information from other peoples work

a lot of people played in the NFL, it doesnt mean they are experts

it would be different if the guy went out and did it on his own and then was hired by NFL Network but he was an announcer that was hired by NFL Network to be their draft guy and boom, all of a sudden he's a so called draft expert

If you paid attention to his track record you'd find out he's the best, IMO, out there. I

For real? Guy called college games for over 10 years before hiring on at NFLN, and the draft is his full-time job.

Oh, wait. I see what you did there. He doesn't have KIPER'S background, so he obviously can't be legit. Breaking: there's more than one way to become an "expert" at something.

:beer: