It's almost over...

I don't know where you live, but here in Philadelphia there are relatively few integrated houses of worship.

Also, I am not the spokesperson for all African Americans, just for myself.  I don't like being told to vote for someone just because they are a Democrat, and Democrats are "for" blacks.  I think there are good people in both parties. Arlen Spector is a powerful Republican who has spoken out against racial profiling and has a good record on issues of concern to many African Americans, yet his challenger, Joe Hoeffel, whose career in the House has been undistinguished, will probably get the lion's share of the black vote because he is a Democrat.

That's why I'm an independent.

95632[/snapback]

It would be nice to see more so called "black leaders" encourage people in their communities to be independant and to simply vote. People need to vote according to what they prioritize in life. For people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to play the card that the Democrats will "give them things they've deserved for so long" is insane. Its also insane to play on the ideal that the GOP is a racist party and only seeks to keep minorities down. For any "leader" or celebrity to tell someone how to vote is clearly disingenuous as only that person knows whats truly important to them.

It is important to vote your conscience, no matter what your race, creed, or religion. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

But we are all smart enough on this board to know that. Straight ticket voting really deprives us of the best possible candidates for the job.

Democrats lay claim to the unions and the African-Americans. Republicans go more toward the wealthy and the Bible Belt. This is Politics 101, but it's important to remember that stereotypes (and ultimately, polls) aren't always correct.

I think that, when all is said and done, the commercials, speeches, and rhetoric is nothing more than a bunch of hot air. Not to mention a complete and total waste of money, manpower, and resources. Just remember, we get to do this all over again in four years.

(((SIGH)))...almost makes me wanna move to Canada.

Mike