Vernon Carey

silvermike

Well, you ain't getting Peters back for less than $7M per season, if somehow you thought that was possible before.

Carey's set to average $7M per season, staring with a $12M signing bonus. I'd say this sets up Peters somewhere in the 6 years, $50M range.

I'm pretty sure Peters' contract has 2 years left on it.

Well, you ain't getting Peters back for less than $7M per season, if somehow you thought that was possible before.

Carey's set to average $7M per season, staring with a $12M signing bonus. I'd say this sets up Peters somewhere in the 6 years, $50M range.

6 years $50 Million would be fair. Lock him up!!

They should have done the contract last year. It would have gotten him into camp on time, had him playing at an All-Pro level throughout the season, and would have been cheaper.

And it would have set the precidence that if you aren't happy with a contract you just signed, threaten to hold out and you will be given whatever you want

I never really understood why teams put off resigning guys. Everyone knows that the contracts get bigger and bigger every year...just sign them now for a million less per year. Seems like poor financial planning to me.

I don't get why players sign for more then one year at a time when anytime they improve their play a little bit they want a raise, oh yeah, its cause when they play worse they will still get that higher money and not take a paycut.

And it would have set the precidence that if you aren't happy with a contract you just signed, threaten to hold out and you will be given whatever you want

He was coming off an All-Pro year and was sorely underpaid. I'd welcome the next Bills player who wants to holdout to make All-Pro first.