Bills Likely to Lose Crowell and Greer

H2o

They say we offered a substantial contract to Greer. I'm happy that we are least trying to keep him. The $$ is to much to pass up, especially with the latest humongous signings of db's recently.

It was reported on 55 today saying the bills offered a 5yr contract for $20 mill. That is not substantial. Greer is set to get double that in free agency.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was reported on 55 today saying the bills offered a 5yr contract for $20 mill. That is not substantial. Greer is set to get double that in free agency.

Sayonara. We don't need to throw 8 million a year into his lap. He's not worth it. I know people are going to use the "market" arguement, but it doesn't matter. There is no way that Greer is worth anything near what Clements makes. No way.

I doubt he'll get double the Bills offer.

Joselio Hansen, the Eagles nickel back just signed a 5 year $20 million dollar contract. His situation is a bit different but very similar to Greer's. He was an undrafted free agent, played mostly nickel back, and is undersized but athletic.

In 61 career games he has 1 interception and 28 passes defensed.

In 70 career games Greer has 4 interceptions and 27 passes defensed.

Now Greer will probably be offered a starting job so he might get an offer similar to what the Colts signed Kelvin Hayden to a few days ago which was 5 years and $43 million.

In 57 career games Hayden has 6 interceptions and 24 passes defensed.

I think the most Greer will get is $8 million per year.

Haynesworth will get mad money. But red flags are that he didn't start to dominate until his contract years (the last 2 years), he's missed 22 games the past 6 years, and he had that incident with Gurode. My concern is the Bills give him the best offer, and he becomes another Dockery.

Peter King is writing that there seems to be little interest with GMs (at the combine) for haynesworth---at half the price he is seeking.

I doubt he'll get double the Bills offer.

Joselio Hansen, the Eagles nickel back just signed a 5 year $20 million dollar contract. His situation is a bit different but very similar to Greer's. He was an undrafted free agent, played mostly nickel back, and is undersized but athletic.

In 61 career games he has 1 interception and 28 passes defensed.

In 70 career games Greer has 4 interceptions and 27 passes defensed.

Now Greer will probably be offered a starting job so he might get an offer similar to what the Colts signed Kelvin Hayden to a few days ago which was 5 years and $43 million.

In 57 career games Hayden has 6 interceptions and 24 passes defensed.

I think the most Greer will get is $8 million per year.

The Bills reportedly offered a contract worth 4 mil a year. You reply with "I doubt he'll get double the Bills offer" and then at the end of your post you state "I think the most Greer will get is $8 million per year", which is DOUBLE the Bills offer.

^_^:lol: :lol: