Kurt Warner to Play Next Season

H2o

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/20/...2009-but-where/

Can you imagine if the Vikes landed Kurt Warner, a WR like Housh in FA, and picked up a WR like Kenny Britt or Juaquin Iglesias in the second round of the draft? They'd be instant SB contenders to come out of the NFC for certain. They've had a stout defense for 3 years now. If they got all this help for Peterson and Taylor? Man, they'd be just about unstoppable. Warner, Housh, Britt/Iglesias, Berrian, Rice, Peterson, Taylor, their OL, and that defense? Wow.

Can you imagine if the Vikes landed Kurt Warner, a WR like Housh in FA, and picked up a WR like Kenny Britt or Juaquin Iglesias in the second round of the draft? They'd be instant SB contenders to come out of the NFC for certain. They've had a stout defense for 3 years now. If they got all this help for Peterson and Taylor? Man, they'd be just about unstoppable. Warner, Housh, Britt/Iglesias, Berrian, Rice, Peterson, Taylor, their OL, and that defense? Wow.

Just adding Warner will make them instant SB contenders and one of the odds on favorites...

Warner's career in the NFL, save for 1 year with the Giants (10 games and 9 starts with 2,000 yards 6 TD's, 4 INT's, 12 fumbles with 4 lost, and 39 sacks taken), has been with dome teams. It's caveat emptor. But he'd be a great option for the Lions and especially the Vikes.

Yes. That formula of signing big-name, older free agents has been an automatic road to success. Oops, sorry, the Redskins have signed about 30 ex all-pros, and as of last year, not one has been to the pro bowl after signing. Sorry, I did not check this year. And second round draft picks almost always make the pro bowl team, well, at least, some. sometimes start.

As mundane as it is, the difference maker is usually how a 2nd, 3rd or 4th year pro develop. See Pittsburgh Steelers. Look for the teams with the guys this age that are ready to make the leap to pro bowl status.

1- Yes. That formula of signing big-name, older free agents has been an automatic road to success. Oops, sorry, the Redskins have signed about 30 ex all-pros, and as of last year, not one has been to the pro bowl after signing. Sorry, I did not check this year. 2- And second round draft picks almost always make the pro bowl team, well, at least, some. sometimes start.

As mundane as it is, the difference maker is usually how a 2nd, 3rd or 4th year pro develop. See Pittsburgh Steelers. Look for the teams with the guys this age that are ready to make the leap to pro bowl status.

1- The Redskins never had a REAL QB that they picked up in FA or by trade that is anywhere near the level of Warner. You think that Brunell is anywhere near the QB that Warner is? Seriously? All of the other FA they brought in were obviously on the downturn. Bruce, Deion, Shawn Springs, Brunell, Jason Taylor, all of them minus Fletcher.

2- I was talking about a WR that would serve as the #4 for Warner when they would use the "spread shotgun" or "single back" formations. They already have Sidney Rice and Bernard Berrian. If they got Housh I'd imagine that Berrian and Rice would alternate in the slot with a young player like Britt or Iglesias being the #4 WR. They both are very capable of making plays just like anyone else, especially with a guy like Warner at the helm who knows how to get them the ball where they can do the most with it. Look at Steve Breaston from this past season. He was a product of Kurt Warner and the offensive scheme of Haley, nothing more.

Too hot.

I went to those games for nine years and it is way too hot for the fans, the players gut it out, but the fans are wimps.

ASU games are at night, which is a little cooler, but it's still hot.

Back in the 70s the ASU games sold out. But there's a lot more roads (blacktop) in the city now, so it soaks up the sun and holds the heat.

I think I read that an ASU professor said the average temp has gone up 10 degrees in 20 years, something like that. Too much blacktop.

PS. Thank God Kurt Warner is coming back to play.