Atlantis Possibly Discoverred

/dev/null

I will cite that they claimed that a scientist is from New York State University. As most New Yorkers would know: there is no such thing as New York State University.

So I am doubting the writer's claim, based on the oversight of info.

New York University

Dr. Charles Orser

I can't find any affiliation with Orser to NYU so it may just be a little pranking based on finagling of the facts, but a lot of other sources have said the same thing. It isn't unusual though for one source to come out with something and then have a lot of other people pick it up and just reprint it without verifying the source.

New York University

Dr. Charles Orser

I can't find any affiliation with Orser to NYU so it may just be a little pranking based on finagling of the facts, but a lot of other sources have said the same thing. It isn't unusual though for one source to come out with something and then have a lot of other people pick it up and just reprint it without verifying the source.

Man are you guys dense. Orser is associated with the New York State Museum. The New York State Museum is a program of The University of the State of New York (Take a look at the bottom of that web page.)

It isn't hard to figure out how a journalist might have turned SUNY, or the "University of the State of New York" into "New York State University". Poor editing and fact checking, perhaps...but, hardly a huge deal, or one that isn't understandable.

EDIT: Note that "The University of the State of New York" is NOT SUNY, but my point was that someone not familiar with the NYS system could take either of those two and end up with "New York State University" fairly easily.

Man are you guys dense. Orser is associated with the New York State Museum. The New York State Museum is a program of The University of the State of New York (Take a look at the bottom of that web page.)

It isn't hard to figure out how a journalist might have turned SUNY, or the "University of the State of New York" into "New York State University". Poor editing and fact checking, perhaps...but, hardly a huge deal, or one that isn't understandable.

EDIT: Note that "The University of the State of New York" is NOT SUNY, but my point was that someone not familiar with the NYS system could take either of those two and end up with "New York State University" fairly easily.

:wacko::D

Everyone knows Atlantis is now sitting off the coast of San Francisco. You just can't see it cause it's cloaked.

You have to be cool to understand. <_<

How do you know?

Yea, because newspapers today are so accurate with all their job cuts and less editors to check stories.