got to see

dib

the Sabres last night, the best part was hearing Ricks call.

tried to dvr the game- got the message: You are not authorized to record this program.

Bastages.

It is great! Rick's THE best! Even WNY commercials for lawyers and car dealers is cool to a displaced WNYer.

Unfortunately, though strong at times, the Sabres seem stuck in 1st gear. Just not enough grit.. :censored:

It is great! Rick's THE best! Even WNY commercials for lawyers and car dealers is cool to a displaced WNYer.

Unfortunately, though strong at times, the Sabres seem stuck in 1st gear. Just not enough grit.. :censored:

sloppy passing, leaving players alone in front of the net, it just seemed like they wanted to get it over and go home

Unfortunately, though strong at times, the Sabres seem stuck in 1st gear. Just not enough grit.. :sick:

Its' maddening, isn't it? They can hang tough with the best teams in the leauge, more often than not, but then get tossed around by lesser teams. Just when it looked they were really making a move, Vanek gets hurt, and they are back to their inconsistent play. As of late, Miller is the only one who has really raised his game, and kept it up. I really think they need to try something a little more daring this year, at the deadline, or this team will finish, at best in the 7th or 8th spot, win in the first round (just cuz of Lindy!) and then fold up.

Maybe they can re-acquire Drury? Apparently his "boyhood dream" of playing for the Rangers is turning into a nightmare. The fans are riding him, he appears lost in the Rangers game plan, and, to make it worse, the Rangers bring back Steve Avery, who Drury can't stand... I am pretty pissed at Drury, but I would take him back in a heartbeat. I can't think of anyone, other than Miller or Vanek, that I wouldn't trade for him. Sabres just need another tough playing forward...

Its' maddening, isn't it? They can hang tough with the best teams in the leauge, more often than not, but then get tossed around by lesser teams. Just when it looked they were really making a move, Vanek gets hurt, and they are back to their inconsistent play. As of late, Miller is the only one who has really raised his game, and kept it up. I really think they need to try something a little more daring this year, at the deadline, or this team will finish, at best in the 7th or 8th spot, win in the first round (just cuz of Lindy!) and then fold up.

Maybe they can re-acquire Drury? Apparently his "boyhood dream" of playing for the Rangers is turning into a nightmare. The fans are riding him, he appears lost in the Rangers game plan, and, to make it worse, the Rangers bring back Steve Avery, who Drury can't stand... I am pretty pissed at Drury, but I would take him back in a heartbeat. I can't think of anyone, other than Miller or Vanek, that I wouldn't trade for him. Sabres just need another tough playing forward...

Chris Neil available. They should go for it. I know Sabre fans have a hard on for him but what team doesn't? He's that type of player that nobody likes unless he's on your team. Good thing about him is that he is that grit guy and he can play. Gotta have him and Buffalo should go for him before Burke and the Leafs do.

Chris Neil available. They should go for it. I know Sabre fans have a hard on for him but what team doesn't? He's that type of player that nobody likes unless he's on your team. Good thing about him is that he is that grit guy and he can play. Gotta have him and Buffalo should go for him before Burke and the Leafs do.

If it were one of those "you hate him because he's not on your team" things then I'd agree. But he a dirty, cheapshotting SOB who has taken too many liberties with both Sabres and other teams' players. No thanks.

sloppy passing, leaving players alone in front of the net, it just seemed like they wanted to get it over and go home

And yet the game was tied with 6 minutes left to go, and we actually had more shots on goal than they did. Sabres didn't play a horrible game, the Flyers just happened to capitalize on our mistakes. The short handed goal was the one that killed me.

Chris Neil doesn't have "grit"...Chris Neil is dirty and shouldn't be in the NHL anymore, IMO. How many suspensions has he had? Five? Seven?