Can someone explain this to me?

PromoTheRobot

Served with papers but not in custody.

This guy runs away when he's about to be charged with fraud in the billions of dollars, ala Madhoff. But when the FBI finds this guy, they serve him a summons and say "have a nice day!" If this guy robbed a bank of $500 the cops would have hauled him away in chains and called him a flight risk.

PTR

This guy runs away when he's about to be charged with fraud in the billions of dollars, ala Madhoff. But when the FBI finds this guy, they serve him a summons and say "have a nice day!" If this guy robbed a bank of $500 the cops would have hauled him away in chains and called him a flight risk.

PTR

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PTR

In part because he has not been charged with a crime yet .... the more likely reality is that e has ingratiated himself to the political party in power and he has a lot of money. I am sure his legal team is already busy.

PTR

Because you generally can't just arrest someone, you have to charge them with a crime.

The real question in this case is: why isn't he charged with a crime yet? :censored:

Because he believes he is above the law and has paid off enough politicians to keep himself safe.

they'll liquify 'all' his assetts--pay people back pennies on the dollar..-and he will go(after serving 18 months in the country club) somewhere where he has hidden 100 million...simple

Because you generally can't just arrest someone, you have to charge them with a crime.

The real question in this case is: why isn't he charged with a crime yet? :censored:

The only thing I can thing of (at the moment) is the Feds tend to wait until they have an air-tight case, before they charge someone. Their conviction record supports that.

The only thing I can thing of (at the moment) is the Feds tend to wait until they have an air-tight case, before they charge someone. Their conviction record supports that.

I thing you might be right, but the thing is that the more thinging I thing about this thing, the more I thing there might be other things involved.

I thing you might be right, but the thing is that the more thinging I thing about this thing, the more I thing there might be other things involved.

Damn fingers. Or, should I say, finkers.