Westboro Church to protest at Flight 3407 memorials

RayFinkle

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no! Someone answered the same question that I did, with an answer that I have deemed to be similar. Why would that jerk reiterate my statement!?!?!? <_< Grow up.

No chit KnockOut! I deem my answer more better than his too and not nearly similar in content.

Something needs to be done about this bullsh*t. I don't even know what, just something.

While I despise everything these idiots stand for, and think they stretch the 1st Amendment to the limits, when they protest at these funerals, I don't think we really need to do anything, officially, about them. Every time they demonstrate, they make fools of themselves and let others know what idiots they are. People have a right to act like idiots, as long as they aren't violating the rights of others.

Now, I can understand a law limiting how close to the ceremony/church/grave/etc they can congregate, in order to keep the peace, but you can't stop morons from espousing their moronic beliefs.

Like Tom, I wouldn't cry if someone picked off a few of these subhumans with a high-powered rifle, or filled tranquilizer darts with the HIV virus and let loose on these scumbags. But, if someone gets caught doing this fine service, he/she will have to answer to authorities, IMO...and that's OK, too. Sometimes you have to take on for the team. Better yet, be smart about it, and don't get caught.

While I despise everything these idiots stand for, and think they stretch the 1st Amendment to the limits, when they protest at these funerals, I don't think we really need to do anything, officially, about them. Every time they demonstrate, they make fools of themselves and let others know what idiots they are. People have a right to act like idiots, as long as they aren't violating the rights of others.

Now, I can understand a law limiting how close to the ceremony/church/grave/etc they can congregate, in order to keep the peace, but you can't stop morons from espousing their moronic beliefs.

Like Tom, I wouldn't cry if someone picked off a few of these subhumans with a high-powered rifle, or filled tranquilizer darts with the HIV virus and let loose on these scumbags. But, if someone gets caught doing this fine service, he/she will have to answer to authorities, IMO...and that's OK, too. Sometimes you have to take on for the team. Better yet, be smart about it, and don't get caught.

I agree. And I would be curious to know if there are in fact any laws that restrict how close/demonstrative groups like this can be in a setting like a funeral/memorial service. It's just mind boggling to me that there are people who can sleep at night after essentially ambushing people who are grieving over the loss of loved ones that same afternoon.

Don't let the bastards get you down.

Or you will not be happy.

Unless you want to take a potshot at them.

Christianity is not like that.

Heaven is for them, they say...hell is for

Everyone else.

But read the Scriptures some time.

All have sinned and come short of God's

Glory

See, if you read between the lines, you'll feel better. <_<

godhatescrappyendingstopotentiallygreatthreads.com

Dammit I know Matty and I'm going to to add something semi-useful here. (I think... <_< )

The charlatans from the Kansas Welcome wagon have been trying to disrupt military funerals out here in Colorado for troops from Fort Carson (including one I attended last summer for a neighbor). A local biker club composed of many vietnam and desert storm/shield vets formed a human/motorcyle wall around the cemetary and church to shield the family and other attendees from Westboro's venom.

It seemed to work pretty well too, because they haven't bothered coming back out here to "protest" for at least a 8 to 10 months.

Perhaps some civic-minded folks in WNY can do something similar... let's hope.

Dammit I know Matty and I'm going to to add something semi-useful here. (I think... <_< )

The charlatans from the Kansas Welcome wagon have been trying to disrupt military funerals out here in Colorado for troops from Fort Carson (including one I attended last summer for a neighbor). A local biker club composed of many vietnam and desert storm/shield vets formed a human/motorcyle wall around the cemetary and church to shield the family and other attendees from Westboro's venom.

It seemed to work pretty well too, because they haven't bothered coming back out here to "protest" for at least a 8 to 10 months.

Great idea, but 21 degrees is hardly Harley weather. Maybe just a human shield around the perimeter.

Good job...you did well. I was wondering how long before someone mentioned the Patriot Guard Riders. Awesome group of individuals.

the Patriot Guard Riders. Awesome group of individuals.

THAT'S THEM!!! I just couldn't think of the name.

As a side note, I ran into a group of them later on that summer at a local watering hole after playing golf (me golfing, not them) I sent over a couple pitchers of beer and soda and told them thanks for what they did at my neighbor's funeral.

It still gives me chills to think about driving out of the cemetary that day and seeing them all lined up along the perimeter.

Better men, I'm not sure I've met yet.

These people are f*cking with the wrong city. I can almost guarantee you one of them is going to get seriously hurt, possibly killed, and I really don't have much of a problem with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UMP3AK5jwo

That's how messed up they are...it's the one time in my life I found myself sympathizing with Sean Hannity.

Dammit I know Matty and I'm going to to add something semi-useful here. (I think... :( )

Outstanding!

For events the Westboro Church is likely to protest, but which these patriot riders are less likely to attend, how about a mass human shield made of homosexuals, transvestites and transgender persons, dressed in their full glory (maybe some bondage gear...leather is always a nice touch), to trow kisses and sprinkle glitter on the protesters? <_<

For WNY, a brigade of SUV's filled with hockey players (amateur and professional) in full gear might do the trick.