Westboro Church to protest at Flight 3407 memorials

RayFinkle

Apparently folks from Kansas don't know much about Buffalonians if they think they'll be apble to pull sh*t like this off "peacefully".

Westboro Church says it will protest at Flight 3407 memorials

Buffalo, NY -- Members of Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kan., who are known for picketing the funerals of U.S. troops, are planning to protest two memorial services planned for the victims of Flight 3407, the commuter plane that crashed near Buffalo.

The group plans to picket a morning community prayer service at the Zion Lutheran Church in Clarence Center, and an afternoon memorial service for Alison Des Forges at St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Buffalo. Both services are scheduled to take place Sunday.

Westboro Baptist Church is known for its anti-gay message and its picketing of funerals for members of the armed services killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. The controversial church says God is punishing America because of what church members consider the nation's permissive attitude toward gays and lesbians.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate saying it, but a member of this church really needs to die in an event like this crash. Will they then protest one of their own?

You know, I bet they would. Seriously, they would probably say that God is now taking his own flock to show his disdain for our choices.

They've demonstrated they don't really have a moral compass. Nothing these d-bags do would surprise me... nothing. <_<

Apparently folks from Kansas don't know much about Buffalonians if they think they'll be apble to pull sh*t like this off "peacefully".

Westboro Church says it will protest at Flight 3407 memorials

There is something fundementally wrong with you if you are willing to protest at the funeral of fallen service people and a memorial to innocent people killed in a tragedy. I do not care if you are against the war ... it is your right in America to say so but to smack the family of a fallen service person in the face by doing something like this at a moment that is already horrible enough for them is nothing short of cruel and sick.

Find another F'in way to protest if you must. They are just attention grabbing idiots. May they experience some of their own medicine some day.

I think you answered your own question....do you really think deep down they have those feelings toward the people on the plane, or do you think they see a way to get their message across....what better way do you suggest they do it? they are getting people all over the world talking about what their cause is......it sucks, it really really sucks, but its working for them.....sadly if coke or pepsi had thought of it first.....

****DISCLAIMER, my comments in no way should be taken that I, in even the slightest way, agree with them. I am simply saying that in terms of getting their message noticed....they are pretty damned effective...best thing to do with these types is to try as hard as you can to NOT pay attention to them...they would move on very quickly....

Find another F'in way to protest if you must. They are just attention grabbing idiots. May they experience some of their own medicine some day.

I do seriously wonder whether anyone who shot and killed any of these !@#$s during their protest would even get convicted for murder.

Not that I'm advocating...but were I to wake up Monday morning to a headline of "Two killed, eight wounded protesting outside Clarence Center church", I wouldn't shed many tears. And were I on the shooter's jury, I'm not entirely sure I'd vote for a conviction.

I think you answered your own question....do you really think deep down they have those feelings toward the people on the plane, or do you think they see a way to get their message across....what better way do you suggest they do it? they are getting people all over the world talking about what their cause is......it sucks, it really really sucks, but its working for them.....sadly if coke or pepsi had thought of it first.....

****DISCLAIMER, my comments in no way should be taken that I, in even the slightest way, agree with them. I am simply saying that in terms of getting their message noticed....they are pretty damned effective...best thing to do with these types is to try as hard as you can to NOT pay attention to them...they would move on very quickly....

Poojer -

I agree with your point(s) and agree they should get no notice in the press or media.

I am just very concerned for the families of the fallen service people (or in Clarence Center - those that died in the crash). We can ignore these sick people (the protestors) but how can grieving parents, sisters, brothers, extended family, friends, etc ignore these idiots when they stand outside a funeral waving signs and shouting? I just fail to understand how anyone claiming to be christian or otherwise "decent" human beings could be so cold and brutal to the family and loved ones of someone who has died. There is probably no other point in a person's life when they are in such deep emotional pain already and these a'holes want to, in effect, stomp on the hearts of those already in pain by claiming their loved one has died because God is vindictive. I can only say that their actions and their message goes against everything I personally believe in.

I respect the rights of people to express their thoughts. It is a fundamental building block of our society but there is a time and place and a funeral is just not it.

I hate saying it, but a member of this church really needs to die in an event like this crash. Will they then protest one of their own?

I think they would probably take it as a sign that God wanted them to redouble their efforts. They weren't getting their message across, so he took one of them.

I think they would probably take it as a sign that God wanted them to redouble their efforts. They weren't getting their message across, so he took one of them.

I think I answered his rhetorical question just fine, thank you. No need to basically reiterate what I said. <_<

perhaps I'll protest you!

couldn't agree more...i was simply poining out the effectiveness of their method, sickening as it may be.....

Poojer -

I agree with your point(s) and agree they should get no notice in the press or media.

I am just very concerned for the families of the fallen service people (or in Clarence Center - those that died in the crash). We can ignore these sick people (the protestors) but how can grieving parents, sisters, brothers, extended family, friends, etc ignore these idiots when they stand outside a funeral waving signs and shouting? I just fail to understand how anyone claiming to be christian or otherwise "decent" human beings could be so cold and brutal to the family and loved ones of someone who has died. There is probably no other point in a person's life when they are in such deep emotional pain already and these a'holes want to, in effect, stomp on the hearts of those already in pain by claiming their loved one has died because God is vindictive. I can only say that their actions and their message goes against everything I personally believe in.

I respect the rights of people to express their thoughts. It is a fundamental building block of our society but there is a time and place and a funeral is just not it.

Who funds these idiots?

I loathe the notion that we will find out that many of them are on government assistance like the idiots that followed Warren Jeffs. If so, how much more hypocritical could you be? Also, if so their state and whoever else needs to get involved had better find a way to cut them off.