LAMP--going to my first hockey game tonight

Phlegm Alley

I've never been to a hockey game at any level so I am pretty stoked about tonight. One of my buddies gets tickets through his company here in Philly and he can't make it tonight so we are going in his place. I guess they are phenomenal seats, around center ice and a few rows up from there.

I was talking to some people at our football league and they say that hockey is the best sport to watch live. Would those of you that have been agree with this statement?

If you guys are watching tonight, look for us...we'll be wearing Buffalo Sabres gear and holding up a sign wishing my buddies Mom a happy birthday back home in Buffalo.

I've never been to a hockey game at any level so I am pretty stoked about tonight. One of my buddies gets tickets through his company here in Philly and he can't make it tonight so we are going in his place. I guess they are phenomenal seats, around center ice and a few rows up from there.

I was talking to some people at our football league and they say that hockey is the best sport to watch live. Would those of you that have been agree with this statement?

If you guys are watching tonight, look for us...we'll be wearing Buffalo Sabres gear and holding up a sign wishing my buddies Mom a happy birthday back home in Buffalo.

IMO hockey is 10 bagazillion times better in person vs. the tube. Enjoy yourself!

Game moves along a lot faster than a NFL game. Way less scheduled tv time outs. You are going to a very good match up as well. Both teams a pleasure to watch on most nights. :lol:

Curious to see how you like sitting so low. I prefer to be a bit higher. Sometimes, if your sitting really low, it's a bit harder to follow the play. But it also has it's advantages. Hear what the players are saying and so on. I like being maybe 15 rows up or so but I'm really nit picking. I'd take any ticket and be happy.

I'll take some pictures and post them tomorrow. Hopefully the seats are as good as advertised.

They will be. I usually go to the Sabers game at the Comcast center when they play here, but not tonight. I typically like to sit higher, but that's just because I usually have to buy my ticket. You'll be amazed at how fast they really move, and you'll be able to follow the puck alot better than on TV.

The venue is a good place to watch a game, too. Good beer selection (last time I was there, they had two places that had Labatt's on tap) and awesome food selection.

Also, the difference between an Eagles game and a Flyers game is night and day. Philly isn't a hockey city, so you probably won't get booed or called an !@#$ too bad, but if you do, it's just a knee jerk reaction from a typical Philly fan.

Have fun!

i'm sure you already know this living in philly, but philly fans are mutants hope you have thick skin! but in all seriousness you should have a great time.

hockey is a great sport to watch live you really see everything and apprecaite it so much more. it just doesnt translate to tv nearly as well as some other sports. you will be able to see all the "after play" type stuff with people antagonizing each other behind the play.

the one thing that might suprise you is how fast and skilled the players and game is and exciting and unpredictible it is.

as long as you undertand the basic rules like offsides and icing you will be able to figure out the rest! good luck it should be fun

as long as you undertand the basic rules like offsides andicingyou will be able to figure out the rest! good luck it should be fun

Nobody understands the rules for icing anymore! :lol:;)

Too bad the Sabres lost 6-3 in what was really a close game... 2 empty netters at the end...

Oh... And phuck you Toni Lydman for taking that penalty late in the third which enabled PHI to go up 4-3!

:lol::worthy::lol:

Oh well, at least the other "models of porfessionalism" in the league are upholding the image that hockey players are squeaky clean! :censored::P

Connelly should have been benched for his lazy play that resulted in the shorthanded goal. He was right with the Flyer at our blue line, and instead of moving his feet, he glided into the zone while the Flyer went to the net and deflected the pass in. All he had to do was keep skating and lift the Flyer's stick. And the lack of coverage in front of our net is ridiculous.

Nobody understands the rules for icing anymore! :lol:;)

Too bad the Sabres lost 6-3 in what was really a close game... 2 empty netters at the end...

Oh... And phuck you Toni Lydman for taking that penalty late in the third which enabled PHI to go up 4-3!

:lol::worthy::lol:

Oh well, at least the other "models of porfessionalism" in the league are upholding the image that hockey players are squeaky clean! :censored::P

glad somebody else is calling out #5...