Marvin Harrison

K-Gun10

I'm fairly confident saying that if Peyton Manning were our QB Hardy and Johnson would've had bigger years! :lol:

Exactly what I was about to post . Harrison's numbers have declined even with P Manning throwing to him. I cannot imagine how our offense can take advantage of anything Harrison has left, if anything. If we had a good pass offense, I would marginally support bringing him in for spot duty on critical plays. But given our situation and the tread on his tires, I will pass.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah....well......his name is still Marvin Harrison. He brings his career numbers with him. And if that's not enough, he could mentor Evans. he must have 5 good years left. Maybe 6.

Amazing. He's done nothing the last two years in one of the top passing offenses in football partly because he's used up and partly because he can't stay healthy anymore.

He'll be 37 years old this year. He's described by teammates as being intensely private and aloof.

Apparently this is the post that's attracting people who also want to sign Keith Brooking, Ahman Green, Sammy Knight, and Sam Madison simply because they're veteran guys who can help bring along the younger guys and because they posted good numbers earlier in their careers...when they could actually still play.

Just to put this in perspective.....

He would have been drafted by the Bills if the Colts hadn't gotten him first.

Our selection?

Eric Moulds.

Same draft class as long since departed WRs Meshawn Johnson, Terry Glenn, and Eddie Kennison - all drafted ahead of Harrison.

How pathetic are the Bills that they would need to reach for an over the hill player like Harrison? Not that desparate.

Harrison’s Indy days are done

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Indianapolis Colts, Marvin Harrison

Everyone keeps focusing on WR Terrell Owens‘ future with the Cowboys. But the more pressing issues surround Colts WR Marvin Harrison.

It’s no longer a question of if Harrison, 36, will be let go. It has become a question of when. It will happen in the coming days, certainly before the new league year starts a week from Friday, but few are sure exactly when.

But make no mistake: It is happening. The Colts no longer can afford to carry Harrison, who is scheduled to have a $13.4 million number for an Indianapolis team that is starving for more salary-cap room to deal with free-agents-to-be such as CB Kelvin Hayden.

If the Colts were to release Harrison, his $13.4 million number instantly would come off the books, saving the team $7 million against the cap. Harrison still would count $6.4 million in dead money, but more importantly, there would be the $7 million savings.

Plus, the Colts have been bracing for this day, drafting Anthony Gonzalez in the first round and grooming young WRs Roy Hall and Pierre Garcon.

The Colts’ first-round draft pick in 1996, Harrison will finish his Indianapolis career with 1,102 catches for 14,580 yards and 128 touchdowns.

It was a great career. The last chapter soon will be written

A 37 year old WR...that'll be a smart pick up. Wilson offering free geritol to sweeten any deal.

Yeah, if Marv had used Lofton to run 3 yard hooks on 3rd and 20 which is what we would use Marvin for. Dink, Dunk, Stink, Stank, Stunk.

But Jauron likes to be safe. Hes the safe coach.Something bad might happen if they try to throw it longer.

This has James Lofton written all over it.

My words exactly!!! Although I still feel that Josh Reed is very underated and underused at times - makes a great number 2. Problem is...we need size and unfortunately, as much talent Harrison could bring, the one thing he doesn't bring is size and who knows when Hardy will be 100 percent...

Our number two recievers are James Hardy and Stevie Johnson. They totalled less than 200 yards last year. Harrison got 60 receptions for 636 yards. In what way is that not improvement?

Because Harrison will be a year older (and, presumably, a little bit worse) this year than he'd been last year. And because players like Steve Johnson and, hopefully, Hardy, will be better in their second years than they'd been as rookies. That's why Harrison probably isn't an improvement, even over the short term.

Also, you have to bear in mind that Harrison's 636 yards came in an offense he's been operating in for years, with Manning throwing him the ball. Have him learn a new offense from scratch, with a QB less good than Manning throwing him the ball, and there goes a lot of that production right there! Oh, and Turk Schonert will be calling all the plays.

I just dont think Marvin is the TYPE of receiver we need for this offense

Maybe we do need a TE high in the draft

the giants and Steelers won titles the last two years primarily based on their pass rush, something we don't have. I will live with less than stellar TEs but we have got to do something about that pass rush.

Amazing. He's done nothing the last two years in one of the top passing offenses in football partly because he's used up and partly because he can't stay healthy anymore.

He'll be 37 years old this year. He's described by teammates as being intensely private and aloof.

Apparently this is the post that's attracting people who also want to sign Keith Brooking, Ahman Green, Sammy Knight, and Sam Madison simply because they're veteran guys who can help bring along the younger guys and because they posted good numbers earlier in their careers...when they could actually still play.

I guess you didn't notice the sarcasm dripping from my post. :sick: