People SUCK

mcjeff215

So I was driving home today and as I switched lanes a piece of metal came hopping down the road. I ran over it. Back right tire blew right out. I don't even have 2,000 on the brand new truck. I stopped to change the tire.

Some dumb sh*t stopped to help... FOR $20!! When I told him I've got it, he got back in the car and just left! Can you freaking believe that?

Halfway home I realized I also had a flat tire in *front* as well. Two flat tires. Month old truck. Awesome.

So I was driving home today and as I switched lanes a piece of metal came hopping down the road. I ran over it. Back right tire blew right out. I don't even have 2,000 on the brand new truck. I stopped to change the tire.

Some dumb sh*t stopped to help... FOR $20!! When I told him I've got it, he got back in the car and just left! Can you freaking believe that?

Halfway home I realized I also had a flat tire in *front* as well. Two flat tires. Month old truck. Awesome.

Wait, am I reading this right? He stopped to help you, but he wanted you to pay $20 for his time? Whatever happened to people helping people because it was the right thing to do? I don't know who this guy was, but I know he wasn't Tony Romo.

Sorry to hear of your experience. I have had much the opposite including helping people change tires free of charge. I know it is upsetting but do not condemn everyone for the actions of an idiot.

Maybe he just lost his job and needs some cash. (glass half full)

But really he's probably just a !@#$ing douchebag.

Moron. He should have billed you $10 just for stopping. People can't even be proper douchebags nowadays.

Wait, am I reading this right? He stopped to help you, but he wanted you to pay $20 for his time? Whatever happened to people helping people because it was the right thing to do? I don't know who this guy was, but I know he wasn't Tony Romo.

I have a front receiver on my Jeep (also one on the back)... This enables me to install a winch either in front or back (and also not have to leave it on the vehicle and expose it to the weather).

Here is what I thought about doing to recoup the price of the winch set up:

During the winter, if some dumbass needs a winch out of a ditch (of course because of what I deem ;) they were being a stupid driver) for a little cash up front. <_<:D How much do you think it would cost them to get a wrecker??

Notice I said dumbass, stupid, and I deem...

I would help you out for free Jeff! :w00t::w00t: JUST DON'T JINX THE SABRES!!! ;);)

Yeah!!! He was the only one to stop... I always stop. Of course, it will probably get me raped, but I'm just nice like that. I'm lucky I had enough air in that front tire to get home.

Sorry to hear of your experience. I have had much the opposite including helping people change tires free of charge. I know it is upsetting but do not condemn everyone for the actions of an idiot.

Nah, I'm not. I find it kind of funny... I'm more pissed off that this happened and I don't even have 3k miles on the truck yet! Time to check those date codes on the tires...

Nah, I'm not. I find it kind of funny... I'm more pissed off that this happened and I don't even have 3k miles on the truck yet! Time to check those date codes on the tires...

That is when it usually happens... I got a huge "star" crack in my windshield the first month... I know the minute I change the windshield, I will get a new break... So I won't change it till the thing looks like WWII!

That is when it usually happens... I got a huge "star" crack in my windshield the first month... I know the minute I change the windshield, I will get a new break... So I won't change it till the thing looks like WWII!

I had a crack in my windshield (which started from a "star" crack) for years because I drive on the highway to get to work and get debris hitting my windshield all the time. So I finally decided to get it replaced. And wouldn't you know it, but I got a "star" crack just a couple days after. However this time I'm going to get it filled before it extends.

You drive a Wrangler right? Same as me. The windshield design is especially vulnerable to cracks from kicked up stones on the highway. Get the glass coverage on your insurance. It will be an extra $5-10 a month, but you will give thanks you have it at least once every 2 years.

I was going to just drive by, but I thought I would be a nice guy. I asked for a measly 20.00 to get myself a couple (maybe a few) high class ladies downtown. Thanks for nothin'.

You drive a Wrangler right? Same as me. The windshield design is especially vulnerable to cracks from kicked up stones on the highway. Get the glass coverage on your insurance. It will be an extra $5-10 a month, but you will give thanks you have it at least once every 2 years.

Exactly... The windshield is straight up... A little better than the older Wrangler YJ (1987-1996) and the CJ.

I would seriously consider the off-road SpeedGlass (Lexan), etc... Except it is not DOT approved (which I can't figure why they can't approve it for road use in a Jeep, they could just get you out through the roof in case of an accident and if they had to use the jaws... Just cut at the windshield hinges... <_< )... Heck if you get in a accident and you are still with the vehicle, one can kick the Lexan windshield out and still re-use it (you will need a whole new vehicle though)! Oh and you have to find a way to attach the rearview mirror... Probably a bracket to the windshield frame or drill and bolt through the windshield (counter sink for the wipers).

SpeedGlass

Really? I can just never imagine how much help someone could possibly need changing a tire?

Unless they have a 3 ton floor jack in the back of their vehicle... Not much. This does point out how freaking usless OEM jacks that come with a vehicle are.

BTW... I just carry a plug kit with me... If I can see the nail or object... I just plug the tire right on the vehicle! One time up in MI with my wife's car (don't carry a plug kit)... I just took it to a gas station and told the guy to plug it right on the vehicle... I gave him 20 bucks.

Edit: Knock on rubber, I NEVER had one fail and I plugged dozens of tires!

Well that sucks.

Moron. He should have billed you $10 just for stopping. People can't even be proper douchebags nowadays.

:D

Unless they have a 3 ton floor jack in the back of their vehicle... Not much. This does point out how freaking usless OEM jacks that come with a vehicle are.

BTW... I just carry a plug kit with me... If I can see the nail or object... I just plug the tire right on the vehicle! One time up in MI with my wife's car (don't carry a plug kit)... I just took it to a gas station and told the guy to plug it right on the vehicle... I gave him 20 bucks.

Edit: Knock on rubber, I NEVER had one fail and I plugged dozens of tires!

Plug kits don't help if you can't re-inflate the tires.

My effing Ford Focus has had two front window replacements from little stones popping up from the road. <_<