Gerald Sensabaugh arrested with 3 guns

Gerald Sensabaugh Arrested on Friday. Roderick Green arrested two weeks ago. Both with guns in their cars.

From PFT:

Jaguars safety Gerald Sensabaugh will become an unrestricted free agent on February, February 27.

On Friday, February 13, his luck turned bad — for the third straight year.

Sensabaugh was arrested in his hometown of Kingsport, Tennessee for driving his Bentley on a suspended license.

His initial arrest in the NFL came nearly two years ago in Kingsport. At that time, Sensabaugh was busted for speeding and carrying a firearm without a permit.

But maybe his luck was actually pretty good on Friday the 13th. This time around, Sensabaugh also had a gun in the car. Actually, he had three of them — a Bersa .380-cal. pistol, an AK-47, and a Glock .22-cal. handgun.

And. for reasons neither known nor apparent, he faces no weapons charges.

Last year, Sensabaugh was arrested in Kingsport for reckless driving after being found doing wheelies on a motorcycle.

So while Sensabaugh has been arrested so often in Kingsport that they’re about to name the back seat of a cruiser after him, the fact that he’s done no time suggests that someone there likes him.

A lot."

San Francisco 49er linebacker Roderick Green was just arrested earlier this month also in an incident which involved driving and firearms:

"BRENHAM, Texas — San Francisco 49ers linebacker Roderick Green was arrested after he became unco-operative during a traffic stop in his hometown of Brenham.

A Washington County sheriff's deputy walked to the passenger side of Green's truck after pulling it over for speeding Feb. 2, said Janie Hart, a sheriff's department patrol clerk. When the deputy instructed the occupants to roll down the slightly open window, it was rolled up instead, Hart said Thursday.

After returning to the patrol car, the deputy approached the driver's side and told Green to get out of the truck. He complied and was arrested. Hart said he was eventually charged with four misdemeanours - reckless driving, unlawfully carrying a weapon, possession of marijuana and interfering with the duties of a police officer.

Green was released on a personal recognizance bond the day after the arrest, Hart said. Green's agent, James Selmer, didn't return a call seeking comment."

More context for the Marshawn Lynch arrest. Interestingly neither of these guys were charged with a felony. Marshawn was. Both were driving in their hometowns. Also there's different states involved with different laws. It'll be interesting to see how these events unfold and the specific details as well.

He likely "faced no weapons charges" because he wasn't doing anything wrong in regards to that subject. Contrary to popular belief in the media, it's not illegal to possess or transport numerous guns.

Correct me if I'm wrong I'm not an expert on firearms, although I'm a staunch supporter of the right to bear arms. Aren't ak 47's and automatic assault weapons illegal outside of military and law enforcement in the US?

He likely "faced no weapons charges" because he wasn't doing anything wrong in regards to that subject. Contrary to popular belief in the media, it's not illegal to possess or transport numerous guns.

So why was he arrested then?

Uh, because he was driving with a suspended license.

"Sensabaugh was arrested in his hometown of Kingsport, Tennessee for driving his Bentley on a suspended license."

My bad. I was under the assumption that there was something illegal about having those guns, but he got off. I guess PFT had to get some other angle on it than merely a suspended license.

Correct me if I'm wrong I'm not an expert on firearms, although I'm a staunch supporter of the right to bear arms. Aren't ak 47's and automatic assault weapons illegal outside of military and law enforcement in the US?

Automatic "assault weapons" are illegal unless you possess a Class 3 Federal Firearm License (mostly collectors). Chances are, his AK-47 was semi-automatic, which are legal in most states. A semi-automatic AK-47 isn't much different than a Winchester .308 rifle - it just looks more menacing. Well, and it's heinously inaccurate. But I digress.

My bad. I was under the assumption that there was something illegal about having those guns, but he got off. I guess PFT had to get some other angle on it than merely a suspended license.

There could have been but anytime guns are involved the media is going to blow it up. When we used to open the Army Range at Ft. Richardson, we'd have 4 or 5 guys with anywhere from 4 to 10 guns each and commensurate ammunition. I can only imagine what the media would've reported had they managed to pull us over before entering "safe" territory. We had enough gear to take over a small city. <_<

Automatic "assault weapons" are illegal unless you possess a Class 3 Federal Firearm License (mostly collectors). Chances are, his AK-47 was semi-automatic, which are legal in most states. A semi-automatic AK-47 isn't much different than a Winchester .308 rifle - it just looks more menacing. Well, and it's heinously inaccurate. But I digress.

My brother has a semi-automatic AK. It's actually pretty fun to shot. We would bring it to the range to shoot. May this dude was just driving to the range? I'm sure Lynch and his buddies were driving to the range too.

Yep. I'm not entirely sure of the laws for transport in OH, other that physical separation of ammunition and firearm. I occasionally visit a local indoor range...ammo in the passenger cabin, firearms in the trunk with quality trigger locks.

Were I stopped for a traffic infraction, and were asked about the presence of firearms, I'd say so. I cannot conceive of a charge being levied. My efforts were in good faith.

If almost inconceivably, my vehicle was stolen with firearms in in, I would contact the police and give them a description and, the serial numbers.

An AK-47? Holy crap. What is wrong with this guy? Who drives around in Tennessee in a Bentley armed with two handguns and an assault rifle?

It's not an assault rifle. Semi-automatic AK's are perfectly legal in the US - as long as it is not modified to be automatic. As some one above pointed out, if semi-automatic, it's justlike any other rifle sold in the US - just looks different because we are so used to seeing bin Laden or some Russian fire one on TV.

Would like to add that I've never seen nor heard of a Glock .22 cal before. However, there is a Glock 22 (model #) which is a .40 cal and the choice of most law enforcement agencies.

If Sensabaugh is not being charged with any firearms violations, why put it in the story? Oh wait, so people see the word gun and read it and get the wrong impression.