If you ask Hamas to guard explosives...

DC Tom

The only thing dumber would be to ask for someone to intelligently run their character in an MMO, only for said idiot to narc themselves out about not training their character for a season.

And yes, this time, that is directed at you. :sick:

Sorry

I was doing good up with GLB until late November/early December. But then my Mom's cancer started getting really bad.

Then she died

After that, I didn't really give two sh*ts about logging into GLB

Sorry

I was doing good up with GLB until late November/early December. But then my Mom's cancer started getting really bad.

Then she died

After that, I didn't really give two sh*ts about logging into GLB

And if you ever thought you could be a bigger jerk than even your ex-wife thought...scroll up.

I don't want them to get more power to spy on Americans and to add unnecessary Homeland Security Departments. If that's what you mean by more power then I don't want that.

If they cannot be trusted with that power (at least we agree there) then they cannot be trusted with other powers either (IMO). Certain things we have to give them and hope they do not muck it up too badly. Other things they should never be trusted with. Just do me a favor and rethink your position on things. Do you really want someone like Nancy Pelosi deciding how you should live your life?

Even active RFIDs don't have unlimited range. You'd have to have a reader within some reasonable distance. And the batteries don't last forever.

Ahhh that's where you are WRONG! Again. I allow you to mess with me regarding political issues because its largely based on opinion, but I will not tolerate non-compliance with regard to technology. I have worked with an Israeli company that can literally print, yes print, batteries for active RFIDs. I have worked with retired NSA people whose active tags use those Israeli batteries. At last estimate, these active RFIDs last 2 years their and their range is 3/4 of a mile. All you need is an air asset in place, and it's not like the Israelis don't keep AWACS or whatever on station.

But even if that doesn't work, as far as readers go, we picked the NSA guys because they are used to making readers look like something else. Our application of that sneaky-pete is so that we can use them in assisted living/alzhiemer's units, by giving residents a nice little broach or watch or pin or whatever with an tag in it. Then we have them make the readers into clocks, pictures, whatever. All of this in an effort to stop dementia patients from getting out of the house, without making them appear to be under house arrest(it is their home after all), so that the family knows they are safe, but not "kept" with wrist bands(=skin problems=stupid choice) etc. Stuff like 'wander guard' is dehumanizing, and once the resident/patient is on to what the thing around their neck does, they tend to get rid of it. Even a demented brain knows when it's locked down and it doesn't like it. We are looking to deploy our first POC on this soon.

These guys can make a reader look like anything. I imagine the Israeli Army can get readers that look like something else, with a solar, printed battery, anyplace they need them.

And of course, this is the technology we know about. We are currently waiting for some stuff to come off the black list, and who knows how powerful that stuff is. We probably already have all we ever need for what we do, but I want to see what the have anyway...and the NSA guys keep tweaking me once a month, bastards.