Old Topic-Newest Development

He said this weekend (2/14/09):

"I do feel like I have football life in me,'' Garcia said. "I feel I can still contribute. I'm not sure what my role will be with another team. I'm not looking at it like I need to start and be the man ... Hopefully, I'll have some opportunities out there. I'm pretty sure there's going to be something out there for me.

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS QUARTERBACKS:

Brian St. Pierre, Cardinals.

Kurt Warner, Cardinals.

J.P. Losman, Bills.

Kyle Boller, Ravens.

Todd Bouman, Ravens.

Rex Grossman, Bears.

Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bengals.

Brooks Bollinger, Cowboys.

Patrick Ramsey, Broncos.

Dan Orlovsky, Lions.

Matt Cassel, Patriots. (Franchise tag.)

Joey Harrington, Saints.

David Carr, Giants. (Re-signed 2/9/09.)

Anthony Wright, Giants.

Marques Tuiasosopo, Raiders.

Charlie Batch, Steelers.

Byron Leftwich, Steelers.

Jamie Martin, 49ers.

J.T. O’Sullivan, 49ers.

Charlie Frye, Seahawks.

Jeff Garcia, Buccaneers.

Luke McCown, Buccaneers. (Re-signed 2/9/09.)

Kerry Collins, Titans.

Chris Simms, Titans.

Now that he's stated he doesn't feel it necessary to be a starter, how does everyone feel about him as a backup for the Bills?

Not sure if i would like him to be in a Bills uniform. On one hand you have a proven vet qb. Who sounds like he knows he has to compete for a job. The guy has always won games where he has been at. However on the other hand i think you might be looking at another Doug Flutie situation, where fans and the media are calling for Garcia the minute Trent has a bad game. Which will only lead to unrest. Haveing said all that Trent has not shown he can stay healthy a whole year, and would be good to not see the drop in production like this year when J.P came in. Trent was not lighting the world on fire then, but J.P was just awful.

Bring him in and open it up in training camp. May the best QB win, We need the best guy we can get out there playing this year. Not the guy who has poise and potential and upside etc. but is not the best TODAY. If Trent plays better than Jeff in pre season and practice, he's the man. If Jeff plays better, he's the man. If it stunts Trent's growth, so be it. Neither will probably be healthy enough to start all 16 games, so they'll both get to play.

I'm sure deep down Brett Favre still thinks he can play.

Many of these professional athletes are competitors, and have a hard time facing the realty that they're not capable of playing at a high level.

Garcia, Brad Johnson, Favre, and others stick around for too long. And they look even worse the longer they try to play.

Not sure if i would like him to be in a Bills uniform. On one hand you have a proven vet qb. Who sounds like he knows he has to compete for a job. The guy has always won games where he has been at. However on the other hand i think you might be looking at another Doug Flutie situation, where fans and the media are calling for Garcia the minute Trent has a bad game. Which will only lead to unrest. Haveing said all that Trent has not shown he can stay healthy a whole year, and would be good to not see the drop in production like this year when J.P came in. Trent was not lighting the world on fire then, but J.P was just awful.

"Trent was not lighting the world on fire then but J.P. was just awful" Here's a clue for you Trent was EVERY BIT AS AWFUL AS J.P. & so was Jeff.

"Trent was not lighting the world on fire then but J.P. was just awful" Here's a clue for you Trent was EVERY BIT AS AWFUL AS J.P. & so was Jeff.

eh I like JP, but he was horrible last year save for the Cardinals game. Trent outplayed him.

ANOTHER great post by the bug. I'm not protecting JP I'm attacking your MANCRUSH Trent. I said JP was terrible how is that protecting HIM?

YOU have a very INTERESTING writing STYLE. I have no MANCRUSH on Trent, I just WANT the best QB on the team to PLAY (and that was not JP). If Garcia comes to BUFFALO and plays BETTER than Trent, then say hello to the BENCH Mr. Edwards. See that's being a FAN of a TEAM not a PLAYER.