Any interest in Fred Taylor?

PIZ

33 years old and THINKS he can still be a starter? That means he wants more money than he's worth probably. It was clear watchinig him last season that he'd lost a step, plus he's injury prone. I'd say no.

The injury question is a major factor, but I would not be surprised if Taylor goes to another team and posts well over 1,000 yards next year. In 2007, he had runs of 50, 62, 76 and 80 yards. He probably still has most of that speed.

I don't think the Bills should sign him, mind you, but I do think he can still play if he can stay healthy. A team that signs him to an incentive-laden one or two year contract will probably be happy that they did so.

He should just re-sign in Jax. The had to cut him because $6 mil was too much to pay him for one season. Fred is too old, too injury prone and has too much wear on him to be a starter. He can be one half of a tandem, that's it.

Actually, from what I read, your info is wrong. He told Jax he would take a pay cut to stay there, but they told him they wanted to turn the page, and go on without him.

He should just re-sign in Jax. The had to cut him because $6 mil was too much to pay him for one season. Fred is too old, too injury prone and has too much wear on him to be a starter. He can be one half of a tandem, that's it.

I agree..u can't pay 6 mil for a 33 yr old RB...but I love the guy's talent...what a career...would love to have him in BUFF-but don't think he'd take 1.5 per for 2 yrs

We could at least recoup the draft pick we gave up in the Rob Johnson trade if we signed him.

We gave up 2 draft picks, actually...Tavian Banks was the other guy that Jax picked up with our draft picks...been out of the league since being cut by the Saints prior to the 2004 season

33 years old and THINKS he can still be a starter? That means he wants more money than he's worth probably. It was clear watchinig him last season that he'd lost a step, plus he's injury prone. I'd say no.

If he can go for 4=6 games the Bills should have an interest.

somewhere last year when we got stroud i remember a story where him and ol' Fred are buddies?

just food for thought... if Marcus spoke highly of the bills it might interest fred but who knows..

if Marshawn and run with a gun is suspended for any significant length the bills might have to entertain the idea to bring in some type of veteran/journeyman type to share the load with freddie jackson...

somewhere last year when we got stroud i remember a story where him and ol' Fred are buddies?

just food for thought... if Marcus spoke highly of the bills it might interest fred but who knows..

if Marshawn and run with a gun is suspended for any significant length the bills might have to entertain the idea to bring in some type of veteran/journeyman type to share the load with freddie jackson...

If Marcus is a true friend he'd redirect his pal. ;)