Fire in the sky - over Texas

/dev/null

Not that this had any connection and I didn't read Dev's link... I took the day off yesterday and went skiing with my 10 year son all day... We skied at Chestnut Mountain in Galena, Illinois... Started just after noon CST and finished up when lifts closed at 10PM. Now, onto my story... Sometime in the evening going up the lift facing directly east I saw a large shooting star or "something"... Chestnut is diectly on the MS river situated in a bluff, the base rises to the top about 500 vertical feet right above the river... I saw the "star" going from about roughly west to east, may be slightly southeast... I said to my son: "Did you see that?" He said: "No." I said: "That was one heck of a shooting star dude, I would almost call it a meteor. It was bright enough to look like a satellite." It was a pretty big object and bright. Needless to say, I didn't think nothing of it till I read this topic. I am not sure what time it was? I can't remember if it was before or after we took our only break (from roughly 6:15 to about 7:00PM CST)...?? I know it was dark for a spell though before I saw it (we began skiing in full sunshine yesterday).

I made this above post before I opened Dev's link and read it. I just read it. The thing I saw was at night... Could it have been associated with this incident in Texas?

It was the biggest and brightest thing I ever saw "streak" across the night sky.