[closed]Can you really blame Lynch for having a gun?

marauderswr80

I dont blame the guy at all. I mean look at what happen to Sean Taylor who was killed, plus there are several other NFL players that were held at gun point and robbed. You have to look at the persons status in this world, Lynch is a wealthy man, there are many people is this world that would kill to have a life like his literally! With the poor economy out there, I can really see people turning to violence to get something they desperately need.

I keep protection in my house as well to protect my family, only difference is, is that mine is legal cause I have a license. Thats where Lynch went wrong. He should have obtained a license to carry a firearm.....

Do I blame the guy for wanting to protect himself NO, do I blame him for going about it the wrong way YES!

But lets hope in the end this is some mix up, cause if its not he might be done for a few games in 2009. We might just start off 0-4 lose a coaching staff......blah blah blah.....but what else is new for Bills fans......

I blame people that have them and are arrested.

You don't get arrested if you use it within the guidelines of the law!

Oh well, probably won't cost him more then a few million when no team wants him anymore!

Ralph will surely want some answers.

#1 Why does he feel the need to carry a gun?

#2 Where is he going that he feels for his safety and why doesn't he stay out of those areas?

#3 Why was he arrested?

Oh well, probably won't cost him more then a few million when no team wants him anymore!

#2 Where is he going that he feels for his safety and why doesn't he stay out of those areas?

#3 Why was he arrested?

All good questions particularly the latter half of #2.

I dont blame the guy at all. I mean look at what happen to Sean Taylor who was killed, plus there are several other NFL players that were held at gun point and robbed. You have to look at the persons status in this world, Lynch is a wealthy man, there are many people is this world that would kill to have a life like his literally! With the poor economy out there, I can really see people turning to violence to get something they desperately need.

I keep protection in my house as well to protect my family, only difference is, is that mine is legal cause I have a license. Thats where Lynch went wrong. He should have obtained a license to carry a firearm.....

Do I blame the guy for wanting to protect himself NO, do I blame him for going about it the wrong way YES!

But lets hope in the end this is some mix up, cause if its not he might be done for a few games in 2009. We might just start off 0-4 lose a coaching staff......blah blah blah.....but what else is new for Bills fans......

totally agree.these young athlete millionaires are all targets now. he comes from the worst gang infested area in LA. obviously he is not the sharpest tool in the shed not getting a permit but i dont blame the guy. however its life as a bills fan unfortunately

#3 Why was he arrested?

#3 is the only real question, imo. if you dont know the answers for 1 and 2, then you havent been following the NFL for the past 20 years. and i know you have.

id have to think (hope) that this was a traffic stop and there was a weapon in the car that wasnt registered. would that make sense for what he was arrested for?

totally agree.these young athlete millionaires are all targets now.

It's funny how nothing like this happens to rich guys like Lee Evans, Donovan McNabb, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Brett Favre. If you're like these guys (smart) you'll never get robbed or attacked. If you're like Javon Walker (stupid) then trouble is going to follow you around.

id have to think (hope) that this was a traffic stop and there was a weapon in the car that wasnt registered. would that make sense for what he was arrested for?

Yes in NY it would, failing to register a handgun in NY and being caught possessing it would be considered Criminal Possession of a Weapon. I'm not sure of the laws in Cali, I presume they are similar though.

I have seen cases very similar in which the charge can be reduced or dropped given that the person possessing the weapon was not flaunting it or threatening the use of it.

The case can altogether be dropped though if solid probable cause wasn't established as a reason to search the vehicle for weapons.

totally agree.these young athlete millionaires are all targets now. he comes from the worst gang infested area in LA. obviously he is not the sharpest tool in the shed not getting a permit but i dont blame the guy. however its life as a bills fan unfortunately

Every law abiding citizen should be able to obtain a Permit. I have one but it's not good in NYC. My guess is that its just as difficult to get a concealed carry permit in LA as in NYC. His only option is to put himself at risk or carry illegal.

Perhaps he chose to be tried by 12 rather than to be carried by 6.

At any rate he has a suspension coming especially after the Burris thing.

2009 going in the tank fast for the Bills.

Every law abiding citizen should be able to obtain a Permit. I have one but it's not good in NYC. My guess is that its just as difficult to get a concealed carry permit in LA as in NYC. His only option is to put himself at risk or carry illegal.

Perhaps he chose to be tried by 12 rather than to be carried by 6.

At any rate he has a suspension coming especially after the Burris thing.

2009 going in the tank fast for the Bills.

There was a good article in ESPN the magazine on athletes hiring body guards. In Ben Roethlisberger's first year he hired some body guards and his teammates thought he was a head case. Now they realize how smart it is.

Or stay out of crappy areas.

Was Sean Taylor in a "crappy area" when he was shot? No, he was at his home. I'm just trying to play devil's advocate here. I don't think that most people need guns for protection, and Marshawn CERTAINLY should have licensed his weapon. However, high profile athletes do not have to wander into crappy areas to feel endangered.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.