DAYTONA 500 Final it NASCAR Time

Hammered a Lot

Dale Jr. :beer:

:wallbash: That's great he can use all the fans he can get. He seems to be very unpopular. :P

I've been a Bobby Labonte fan since 1998 when I first started getting into NASCAR. He's the only guy/team I've followed that's ever won it all.

It's a sad day today. My friend who died about a month ago was a big Jr. fan and he'd be cooling the beers, getting the snacks and sitting down with his kids to watch the race. B-)

I still remember the race Sr. died at. He was pushing Waltrip to the win. :wallbash: His death was a catalyst to the whole safety revolution that's taken place since then. It doesn't seem he died in vain.

Not quite. Jr pushed MW and Sr blocked the field behind them, resulting in his getting pushed out of the way, hitting the wall.

I would bet that no other sports figure before or after Sr affected as many people with his death. Truly an icon.

I'll go with Gordon, although don't be surprised if an unknown wins

Local WNY tracks, Holland on opening night has free admission if you bring a new gallon of paint. The paint to be used in finishing the speedway

BTW, Labonte came in second the year Sr. won the Daytona 500. :wallbash:

I still remember the race Sr. died at. He was pushing Waltrip to the win. :P His death was a catalyst to the whole safety revolution that's taken place since then. It doesn't seem he died in vain.

That was such a surreal event to watch. Compared to some of the more violent looking crashes, where the car catches fire and does a flipping 360 in the air, senior's crash looked like an innocent little bump into the wall. I just kept waiting for him to pop out of the window unharmed. I'm not much of a racing fan, but it was strange to say the least.

you may be right..i am not a NASCAR fan, and I was truly saddened by it...

Not quite. Jr pushed MW and Sr blocked the field behind them, resulting in his getting pushed out of the way, hitting the wall.

I would bet that no other sports figure before or after Sr affected as many people with his death. Truly an icon.

I'll go with Gordon, although don't be surprised if an unknown wins

Local WNY tracks, Holland on opening night has free admission if you bring a new gallon of paint. The paint to be used in finishing the speedway

he is like the cowboys or the patriots...people think rules were changed to accomodate the 'golden boy', then he won everything in sight, and people tend to hate 'winners' and root against them

I'm not very in touch with the racing world, so excuse me if I sound ignorant, but why is Gordon such a polarizing figure? Seems like a nice enough guy to me.

he is like the cowboys or the patriots...people think rules were changed to accomodate the 'golden boy', then he won everything in sight, and people tend to hate 'winners' and root against them

He was also super cocky when he first started in NASCAR. He's gotten a lot better but the hatred for him still goes on. He really is a nice guy off the track but like Pooj said he's the Notre Dame or Cowboys of the racing world.