It's Not It's Not A Rumor Anymore. Marshawn Has Been Arrested.

FluffHead

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's BS all right. And no one, least of all me, is comforted that the team's star RB has been arrested.

The fact is, we were told the Bills would be looking for high character players while Levy was the GM. And every team in the league can say that, but it doesn't remove the fact that players can come from (EDIT: rough) upbringings and exhibit this sort of behavior.

But I forgot that's BS.

Do you have a clue about how Marv/Polian et al defines football character?? Apparently not....

Do you have a clue about how Marv/Polian et al defines football character?? Apparently not....

You're a character for making this a semantics argument.

And please define football character. I'm interested in how that differs from just regular, blue collar, tell the truth character.

The evidence on the police report was overwhelming. The only thing was a missing 2 on the birth date. Man ESPN et. al. really dropped the ball on this one. Internet posters managed to scoop them.

We need more guys like Marshawn Lynch. Aggressive, wild, sometimes non law abiding...

He just so happens to be one of the best if not the best player on the team.

Yeah, we need guys who won't see the field because of suspensions. :wallbash:

And please define football character. I'm interested in how that differs from just regular, blue collar, tell the truth character.

I believe football character is defined as as guy who is self motivated and never takes a down off.

Huh. For a 'vet,' you seem kinda foggy on the Levy/Polian era.

Marv's always said drafting isn't about stocking a team with alter boys. When he says 'character' he's refering to self-motivated players with who leave it all on the field and don't take the easy way out.

"It's a matter of persistence, stick-to-itiveness, mental toughness, football character, whatever you want to call it," coach Marv Levy said. "That has been a trademark for the Buffalo Bills. It's something I'm very proud of, and I think our players take great pride in it."

BTW,

Buffalo Bills Pro Bowl running back Marshawn Lynch has been arrested and charged with felony possession of a concealed firearm, according to a press release from the Culver City Police Department. The announcement confirms that it was Lynch who was involved in this incident last Wednesday night.

According to a police announcement e-mailed to Pro Football Talk, Culver City police officers were patrolling the Fox Hills area of Culver City when they came into contact with three adult males in a 2006 Mercedes Benz.

After speaking with the occupants, they determined that one of the men in the car was Lynch, the Bills starting running back. A field investigation led to the “discovery of a loaded firearm.”

According to the report: “The officers determined the gun belonged to Lynch and he was arrested for possesion of a concealed firearm.”

Lynch was tranported to the booking center and was later released on $35,000 bond. Police officials said that the case will be submitted to the District Attorney’s office for filing consideration.

As Mike Florio wrote when he first reported about the arrest in two posts earlier today, Lynch could possibly face sanctions under the NFL’s personal conduct policy depending on his legal status and how NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell views this incident.

This sounds like a stop for DWB (Driving While Black). What does "came into contact" mean? Three black guys in a Mercedes? It also sounds like they asked if they could search the car and found the weapon. I'd like to know what probable cause allowed them to do that?

BTW,

Buffalo Bills Pro Bowl running back Marshawn Lynch has been arrested and charged with felony possession of a concealed firearm, according to a press release from the Culver City Police Department. The announcement confirms that it was Lynch who was involved in this incident last Wednesday night.

According to a police announcement e-mailed to Pro Football Talk, Culver City police officers were patrolling the Fox Hills area of Culver City when they came into contact with three adult males in a 2006 Mercedes Benz.

After speaking with the occupants, they determined that one of the men in the car was Lynch, the Bills starting running back. A field investigation led to the “discovery of a loaded firearm.”

According to the report: “The officers determined the gun belonged to Lynch and he was arrested for possesion of a concealed firearm.”

Lynch was tranported to the booking center and was later released on $35,000 bond. Police officials said that the case will be submitted to the District Attorney’s office for filing consideration.

As Mike Florio wrote when he first reported about the arrest in two posts earlier today, Lynch could possibly face sanctions under the NFL’s personal conduct policy depending on his legal status and how NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell views this incident.

This sounds like a stop for DWB (Driving While Black). What does "came into contact" mean? Three black guys in a Mercedes? It also sounds like they asked if they could search the car and found the weapon. I'd like to know what probable cause allowed them to do that?

yeah they violated his civil rights i tell you!!!...and thatb%$ch in Buffalo deserved it. She violated his rights too.

yeah they violated his civil rights i tell you!!!...and thatb%$ch in Buffalo deserved it. She violated his rights too.

Why was Lynch stopped? Do you know? The press release doesn't say anything except "came into contact". Don't make silly statements comparing this to a known crime.

Why was Lynch stopped? Do you know? The press release doesn't say anything except "came into contact". Don't make silly statements comparing this to a known crime.

I wondered this when the news came out. There is no indication that they were doing anything wrong. Racial profiling? I don't know. But it sounds fishy. Why did they search the car? I hope more details come out, because it sounds like the police had no reason to search the car

Huh. For a 'vet,' you seem kinda foggy on the Levy/Polian era.

Marv's always said drafting isn't about stocking a team with alter boys. When he says 'character' he's refering to self-motivated players with who leave it all on the field and don't take the easy way out.

"It's a matter of persistence, stick-to-itiveness, mental toughness, football character, whatever you want to call it," coach Marv Levy said. "That has been a trademark for the Buffalo Bills. It's something I'm very proud of, and I think our players take great pride in it."

I don't recall any of the Levy/Polian era guys getting into trouble with the law as much as recent Bills have.

If football character were the prevailing wisdom (of which I'm sure every team subscribes to) why in the heck was McCargo drafted.

This whole thing demonstrates that all teams take risks and ultimately bend their rules in the interest of acquiring talented football players.

I wondered this when the news came out. There is no indication that they were doing anything wrong. Racial profiling? I don't know. But it sounds fishy. Why did they search the car? I hope more details come out, because it sounds like the police had no reason to search the car

Well, let's cut the cops a break. I mean it's not like LA cops have a bad reputation with black people. :wallbash:

BTW,

After speaking with the occupants, they determined that one of the men in the car was Lynch, the Bills starting running back. A field investigation led to the "discovery of a loaded firearm."

According to the report: "The officers determined the gun belonged to Lynch and he was arrested for possesion of a concealed firearm."

Lynch was tranported to the booking center and was later released on $35,000 bond. Police officials said that the case will be submitted to the District Attorney's office for filing consideration.

As Mike Florio wrote when he first reported about the arrest in two posts earlier today, Lynch could possibly face sanctions under the NFL's personal conduct policy depending on his legal status and how NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell views this incident.

I was just going to post the same thing, SD. This will get thrown out because of racial profiling and illegal search and seizure. Or at least, reduced to a traffic ticket.

I don't recall any of the Levy/Polian era guys getting into trouble with the law as much as recent Bills have.

If football character were the prevailing wisdom (of which I'm sure every team subscribes to) why in the heck was McCargo drafted.

This whole thing demonstrates that all teams take risks and ultimately bend their rules in the interest of acquiring talented football players.

Nice back peddle... :wallbash:

BTW,

Could have been for any number of legitimate reasons --- traffic-related, non-functioning light, spot check, someone not wearing a seatbelt, among many others --- but could also unfortunately be DWB. 'Til it's known, probably shouldn't be speculating; and if that is the case, ML's lawyer will have his say. If the police asked to search and were given consent, that's admissible. You can refuse permission, but a lot of people, even when they know they have incriminating items, grant permission, or don't not grant permission. If so, it's their problem, not the cops' (And for anyone reading this --- if a police officer ever asks to search your car, say no. It's a lose-lose situation --- it can only be bad for you. You can say 'No' to the police. And if they say they'll be back with a warrant, tell them that anything and everything listed on the warrant be it drugs, guns or a dead stripper in the trunk, had better be in the car or your lawyer will be salivating). Also, if the weapon was in/came into view of the police during the stop, it's within their power to then request info about it (same as if there's an open container, it opens another level), or make an arrest depending on the wording of concealment laws.

Regardless of any criminal outcome, what's done is done, and Goodell will likely be taking a look into it... and what with the incident last year, might now be more inclined to send a message.

The internet didn't exist back then. If it did I think there'd be more than we know. JMO