Sharks Vs Sabres

Dante

Sharks have been inconsistent the last month or so. I think they pulled ahead too fast. I'm kinda glad they have the Red Wings nipping at their heels to maybe motivate them. Sharks played mediocre on this road trip. Lackluster vs Columbus. Stepped it up vs the Bruins. But seemed to lose interest against the Pens the night after. Sabres should be a good test for them. I think after mailing it in vs Pitt they will come to play vs Buffalo. Injuries a key though. Sharks really miss Lukawich because this means we have to play Semenov. Kind of a stiff. Also miss Jody Shelly. Should be a good test for the Sabres as well. I guess they could really use Vanek for this game. Especially the power play.

Sharks have been inconsistent the last month or so. I think they pulled ahead too fast. I'm kinda glad they have the Red Wings nipping at their heels to maybe motivate them. Sharks played mediocre on this road trip. Lackluster vs Columbus. Stepped it up vs the Bruins. But seemed to lose interest against the Pens the night after. Sabres should be a good test for them. I think after mailing it in vs Pitt they will come to play vs Buffalo. Injuries a key though. Sharks really miss Lukawich because this means we have to play Semenov. Kind of a stiff. Also miss Jody Shelly. Should be a good test for the Sabres as well. I guess they could really use Vanek for this game. Especially the power play.

Sharks are up near the top again. Their four goal, third period comeback on the road against the Bruins in a high profile game, was epic. That is what the playoffs are about. The Sharks have been knocking at the top for a while. It could happen for them. The Sabres struggle against physical teams such as in the Western Conference. I will be watching in a SD sports bar. San Jose hockey fans are very different. Many of the Shark fans are just turning on to the game. They always have good questions about the game. I wish the Sabres still had Grier.

This game lost it's importance for the Sabres side. Yes, going 1 - 12 on the power play and the injuries to players like Vanek hurt play on the ice. Tonight, I don't think either team feels like playing.

http://www.buffalonews.com/515/story/578662.html

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks/2009/0...lowe-and-boyle/

Interesting is the word Dante... No wonder you are a Sharks fan... BFLO/SAN (OAK Golden Seals connection... ;) ) cut from the same cloth... Both can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!

Man BFLO should have one, SJ should have won... At least BFLO is getting a point!

Dante, I think the Sharks will do it this year (win The Cup).

Bittersweet feeling tonight. The Sharks came back from a 3 goal deficit and then lose in the shootout. So far they have 5 points on this 5 game road trip with New Jersey being the last stop on Sunday.

The one saving grace is that the Red Wings lost tonight.

Sharks should (my best Robyism) buggy-whip the Sabres tonight. The last few years the Sharks have been upended by the Sabres very badly... There is no reason SJ should not be up for this game.

IMO, the gigs up Sabres for this one! :(:(

6-1 Sharks... <_<;)

Bump... Wow I love being wrong!... I applied the old Clipper's (Clip Smith for all you old-timers out there) "reverse curse."

:(:(

I was at the game last night. It was definitely exciting, 10 goals and 70 shots worth. The Sabres came out flying in the first and then SJ clamped down on D. Even though it was a 1 goal deficit in the third, it felt like 3. SJ had taken a loud early crowd completely out of the game. But then the place just erupted with 3.9 to go (even though many had left... ;) ). Good win for the Sabres and the community. The pre-game moment of silence was amazing, you could hear pin a drop it was so quiet, very respectful and obviously very sad...

I think more than anything the Sabres defense was exposed by a big, fast, and very talented SJ team. Lydman was out muscled several times, Butler was shaky at best, and Sekera was struggling, but it was his first game back from an injury. IMO the Sabres need to acquire a big defensemen before the trade deadline to be legitimate playoff contenders and win a physical 6 or 7 game series...

A great game to win against a very good opponent. Thanks for the win Sabres, I am sure the locals appreciated it and certainly needed it. I watched the game without audio. I could see the emotion in the crowd and also the anthem singer, Doug Allen. Marleau and Boyle had very good games for the Sharks. Boyles goal was incredible. The Spacek / Lydman defensive pairing was a little shaky. Miller was tough as usual in the SO. The Sabres can't let up. Canes and Flyers are up next week. The Sabres power play was much better last night.