Not saying we should

Stl Bills

This one's just to piss off Ramius

Yeah sure, just what the number one special teams unit in the NFL needs, another kick returner to back up Parrish, McKelvin and McGee. Who do you think the Bills should take in the second round, the best long snapper available? ;)

Maclin would probably be 4th on the list right now if I were making the pick, but choices 2-4 are very close. No, I would have no problems with it whatsoever. The Bills do have a few options already on the roster, but one has a serious injury that will probably slow or even sideline him for a significant amount of next season. The other, Johnson, appears to have potential, but we've been fooled on potential before and he probably went in R7 for a reason. I would have needed to have seen more from Steve Johnson last year to feel comfortable going into the season with him as the only option.

The point is, the Bills went into the last offseason with a major problem at WR and to this point, they don't appear to have solved it. All things considered, I would consider it a secondary need, but still a position that likely requires at least a mid round pick or a reasonably good FA as an insurance policy. Given this fact, if the Bills believe Maclin would provide a major upgrade over what they already have at the position, they should strongly consider selecting him as long as there's not a higher rated player available at a greater need position.

I haven't seen much of the guy, but he seems to be a better return man than a WR... we have plenty of return men. Looking at those highlights, there were maybe 3 catches (1 of which wouldn't count in the nfl) where there was somebody near him. He won't have that kind of room in the NFL. Can he make the catch in traffic? I saw a few routes that were run over the middle. Can he take the big hit?

I haven't seen much of the guy, but he seems to be a better return man than a WR... we have plenty of return men. Looking at those highlights, there were maybe 3 catches (1 of which wouldn't count in the nfl) where there was somebody near him. He won't have that kind of room in the NFL. Can he make the catch in traffic? I saw a few routes that were run over the middle. Can he take the big hit?

He IS a very good return man, no question about it, and those are the clips that we see in the video, but being a good return man and a good WR are not mutually exclusive. Lets not forget that this is a guy who caught 182 passes for 2315 yards and 22 TD passes the last two seasons. Make no mistake, this guy is an outstanding WR prospect. Granted, at 6'1 200lbs, he's not a Plaxico Burress clone, but by the same token, he's not Roscoe Parrish, either.

I mentioned this about a week ago in a thread that with Ralph talking about our lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball that I could see us taking Maclin, Harvin, or Heyward-Bey at #11. I said that the most likely scenario was that we could take Maclin. I wouldn't be disappointed if he was the best player available to us at that slot.

I mentioned this about a week ago in a thread that with Ralph talking about our lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball that I could see us taking Maclin, Harvin, or Heyward-Bey at #11. I said that the most likely scenario was that we could take Maclin. I wouldn't be disappointed if he was the best player available to us at that slot.

I agree. It wouldn't shock me at all to see the Bills take a look at Harvin, Maclin, or Heyward-Bey with the 11th pick. Especially if Ralph is in charge. I also like Hakeem Nicks from North Carolina, he might be a second round option.