For those who kinda like Trent

Thoner7

The Lions had many very close games that they lost in the end. As far as Trent goes best case he continues to develop & becomes VERY GOOD, then his contract is up. The ONLY way he stays in Buffalo is if the Bills pay him top dollar. He would much rather go somewhere else closer to home.

we get it! You don't like Trent.

Look at the bright side, you get at least another 2 more years to dislike him ;)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills went 4-2 in 2007 playing the same AFC East and 0-6 this year.
Is this some sort of argument in defense of the Bills? The Bills, or Trent Edwards if you prefer, were declared a dark horse having beat the Jets, Dolphins, Ravens, Bengals, and Redskins. The Dolphins and Jets make some changes and the Bills are caught flat footed and have a -4 game swing. Conclusion: advantage Bills? ;)
However, that 0-6 could have easily been 3-3 if they don't fumble-bumble against the Jets and Dolphins. Remember they were up 16-7 against the dolphins in the 3rd qtr and were ready to take a 10pt lead over the Jets before the 14 point swing and then everyone knows what happened at the Meadowlands....
Again, is this an argument in defense of the Bills? They coulda, shoulda, woulda, mighta? Shirley, you jest. The fact is that they did choke and cough up these games. That's not a good sign at all. It's a sign that the Bills regressed and can't close out games. The Dolphins and Jets of 08 were better than 07, but so were the Bills on paper.
Sure we went 0-6, but you are making it sound like the 0-16 Lions who were whipped in most of the games they played.
What are you talking about? The Bills went 0-6 against the division and the division had a very, very easy schedule. Do you disagree? The Bills faced all of the very worst teams in the NFL, except (ironically) the Detroit Lions. I'm not trying to "make it sound" like anything. It's what happened.

The major themes of how the Bills were going to turn it all around in 08 were:

• The "Trent Edwards has nowhere to go but up" theory. That one fell on its face. He did not go up and the team still has a major question mark at QB.
  • The "Dick Jauron will be a better coach now that he finally has talent" theory. Oops. That one fell apart too. Jauron showed the same sideline buffoonery as always and lost his team games.
  • The "Marcus Stroud solves all our Tampa 2 problems" theory. That one died quickly as the DL couldn't generate any pressure, though some would say that adding Aaron Schobel would fix this. (Didn't the Giants lose 2 great pass rushers this past offseason? But they still managed 42 sacks, 6th overall, and nearly twice as many as Buffalo.)
  • "The only thing wrong with the offense is Fairchild and not having a tall player at WR" theories were wrong as well. The offense was downright pathetic for most of Oct, Nov, and Dec and only showed up a couple times. Hardy had little impact and was useless when Reed went down.

By the way, you guys might find this interesting with respect to the offense and the 5-1 start ending with the 2-8 skid. The talk is that the once the other teams had the book on Schonert, the Bills became very easy to defend and weren't capable of getting out of the rut they were in. There has been some pretty harsh criticism directed towards Schonert, Van Pelt, and Edwards for their lack of preparation, self-scouting, keeping tabs on the opposition, and adjusting things to counter what was being directed at them. FWIW (not much to some) as a rumor through the grapevine.

I don't understand why people are so willing to give Trent the benefit of the doubt but they were unwilling to give it to JP. Yes JP played TERRIBLE in his 2 games in 08, but I think much of that can be due to the fact he was playing in an offense designed to suit Trents strengths not his. He did not throw long to Evans even once which everyone knows is JP's strength. I hope Trents fan club is correct & he is the 2nd comming of Joe Montana but he has not shown me ANYTHING yet. Montana threw for TOUCHDOWNS, Trent hasn't even thrown for 1TD per game that is just PITIFUL.

JP was a 1st round pick. He was given the starting job three seasons running. He never played very well. He could not win the job back against a mediocre 3rd rounder from stanford. His work ethic as far as studying tape was nonexistent. He moped every Sunday as a backup this season and when he got the nod, he showed the entire nation that he had not progressed, he had not learned anything, he had not evolved since his first start 3 years ago.

That's probably, maybe why people are still down on JP.

This "Everyone knows JPs strength is the long ball" is the greatest Buffalo Bills myth. Really, how many "big yardage" games did the guy ever have. How many bombs to Evans for TDs? Like haleys comet.

Really, you don't think the AFCE was better more competitive, "better" than last season? None of your comments regarding the Jets and Fins in particular changes the fact that they were better teams than they were last year-depsite their schedule. You're not going to convince many that the Chargers, Broncos and Cards were among the worst teams in the league.

And thanks for the headsup on the hot internet rumor that the offensive power-brain-trust of "Turk" Schonert and Linus Van Pelt was exposed as inadequate by other teams.

I knew it had to be something.

Look, if they want improved offensive output, hire Mike Martz.

:wallbash: Trent & Dick are tied together evermore. If Trent plays well next year & the Bills win 9 or more games, You will see Dick & Trent in 2011. If Trent & the team faulter & finish 7-9 again Dick is likely gone & the new coach will bring in a new QB. UNLESS Ralph has TRULY lost his passion, then 2-14 will get Dick & Trent another year............ CONSISTANCY my friends.

you

I don't understand why people are so willing to give Trent the benefit of the doubt but they were unwilling to give it to JP. Yes JP played TERRIBLE in his 2 games in 08, but I think much of that can be due to the fact he was playing in an offense designed to suit Trents strengths not his. He did not throw long to Evans even once which everyone knows is JP's strength. I hope Trents fan club is correct & he is the 2nd comming of Joe Montana but he has not shown me ANYTHING yet. Montana threw for TOUCHDOWNS, Trent hasn't even thrown for 1TD per game that is just PITIFUL.

are

The Lions had many very close games that they lost in the end. As far as Trent goes best case he continues to develop & becomes VERY GOOD, then his contract is up. The ONLY way he stays in Buffalo is if the Bills pay him top dollar. He would much rather go somewhere else closer to home.

consistent if nothing else..

JP was a 1st round pick. He was given the starting job three seasons running. He never played very well. He could not win the job back against a mediocre 3rd rounder from stanford. His work ethic as far as studying tape was nonexistent. He moped every Sunday as a backup this season and when he got the nod, he showed the entire nation that he had not progressed, he had not learned anything, he had not evolved since his first start 3 years ago.

This "Everyone knows JPs strength is the long ball" is the greatest Buffalo Bills myth. Really, how many "big yardage" games did the guy ever have. How many bombs to Evans for TDs? Like haleys comet.

Really, you don't think the AFCE was better more competitive, "better" than last season? None of your comments regarding the Jets and Fins in particular changes the fact that they were better teams than they were last year-depsite their schedule. You're not going to convince many that the Chargers, Broncos and Cards were among the worst teams in the league.

And thanks for the headsup on the hot internet rumor that the offensive power-brain-trust of "Turk" Schonert and Linus Van Pelt was exposed as inadequate by other teams.

Yeah the Cards sucked all the way to the Super Bowl.

This post just PROVES you are a HATER. ANYONE can go to the Bills official website & check out JP's highlights. He has played VERY WELL AT TIMES, including the LONGEST TD in the AFC in 2007 & the 5th longest in Team history, 85 YDs to Evans. 12 Carreer TD's of 40 YDs or more & numerous passes of more than 40 yards that didn't go for a TD. 340 PASSING YDS in 1 game in 2006. Trent has an arm NOW THAT is a MYTH.

This post just PROVES you are a HATER. ANYONE can go to the Bills official website & check out JP's highlights. He has played VERY WELL AT TIMES, including the LONGEST TD in the AFC in 2007 & the 5th longest in Team history, 85 YDs to Evans. 12 Carreer TD's of 40 YDs or more & numerous passes of more than 40 yards that didn't go for a TD. 340 PASSING YDS in 1 game in 2006. Trent has an arm NOW THAT is a MYTH.

I hate to say it. But your the hater. You got to get over it, JP is gone and to tell you the truth, he was never any good and never will. He just doesn't have a feel for the game. Where as Trent does. The sooner you accept it the better.

Dude, JP is gone, get over it. Just give him a call, if he is still single I think you might have a shot :w00t:

I hate to say it. But your the hater. You got get over it, JP is gone and to tell you the truth, he was never any good and never will. He just doesn't have a feel for the game. Where as Trent does. The sooner you accept it the better.

JP is GONE, the qusetion is how long will Trent be in Buffalo? Another year of 7-9 & Dick is most likely gone, a new coach will bring in a new QB. If Trent plays well which he hasen't YET, he will want a LARGE contract from Buffalo because he would rather be closer to home. As far as Trents feel for the game, that was good for all of 11 TD's last year. JP has more TD's longer than 40 YDs than that. I will have to put up with Trent & Dick one more year for sure.........how many games Trent misses in the next year because of injury is anyones guess.

Dude, JP is gone, get over it. Just give him a call, if he is still single I think you might have a shot :w00t:

seriously, have you ever made a post other than "it's okay, jp" or "give jp a call"?

as a matter of fact, i don't think i can ever recall you contributing anything of any substance at all to this message board.

in any event, enjoy your life planting lipstick kisses on the trent edwards poster above your bunk bed :w00t:

seriously, have you ever made a post other than "it's okay, jp" or "give jp a call"?

as a matter of fact, i don't think i can ever recall you contributing anything of any substance at all to this message board.

in any event, enjoy your life planting lipstick kisses on the trent edwards poster above your bunk bed :w00t:

Yah you are the most respected Trent basher on this board. Nice to see you sticking up for each other though. If you don't like it try the ignore button, otherwise :w00t: off.

Yah you are the most respected Trent basher on this board. Nice to see you sticking up for each other though. If you don't like it try the ignore button, otherwise :w00t: off.

Regardless of me being highly respected or not, it doesn't change the fact that you don't contribute anything other than wasted bandwidth/server space to this forum. If you're so easily hurt, go hug your blow-up Trent doll. I'm sure it'll make you feel better.

:w00t:

Regardless of me being highly respected or not, it doesn't change the fact that you don't contribute anything other than wasted bandwidth/server space to this forum. If you're so easily hurt, go hug your blow-up Trent doll. I'm sure it'll make you feel better.

:w00t:

Thanks there internet cop :w00t: pot meet kettle.

Thanks there internet cop :w00t: pot meet kettle.

no problem, internet dumbass :w00t:

like i said, you'd be hard pressed to find a post of yours that is of any substance and pretty much the only thing you offer is the "thanks, jp".