Major Plane Crash in Clarence Center (50 dead)

PTS

I am always shocked at how bad news coverage of these kinds of events is. And the worst part of the coverage is the speculation...every network wants to be the first to scoop something, so they invite endless and unfounded speculation regarding causes, damage, who did what, how may people died, etc. It's disgusting. No one just reports the facts. And then they're also all racing to find someone personally affected by the tragedy, because hey, what's better then grief-stricken people screaming their horror and sadness. Now that makes for great television!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I will NEVER EVER fly a prop plane which is what it was here. Those planes are accidents waiting to happen especially in the winter. Unlike jets...they do not do well in icy conditions whereas jets can tolerate icy conditions better. These prop planes are unsteady, and not safe compared to jets, and have less expereinced pilots flying them.

My prayers go out as well..........

Hate to tell you but the Regional Jets are flown by just as inexperienced pilots. Delta has a program where you go from student to twin jet engine certified and then flying for their Regional carriers.

And not for nothing...very experienced pilots have made errors, too.

Hate to tell you but the Regional Jets are flown by just as inexperienced pilots. Delta has a program where you go from student to twin jet engine certified and then flying for their Regional carriers.

And not for nothing...very experienced pilots have made errors, too.

Yes even the best pilots make mistakes and yes my disdain for them applies to regional jets too....let me clarify...I actually meant the larger planes above the regional jets like the Boeing 717 and bigger. Those jets are flown by more experienced pilots with more flight hours and IMHO I will take a more experienced pilot flying a bigger and stable jet aicraft than a smaller sputtering prop plane that weaves everywhere during approach with someone who lets say has only 1/2 the amount of experience...I have flown prop planes and they are terrible to fly on...they simply cannot tolerate ice as well as the bigger planes.

I heard a strange loud noise outside and 10 minutes later my fiance's mother called and said a plane crashed near us. We can see the smoke and red sky right outside our back windows. There's nothing but fields between us and where the plane crashed.

Flight 3407 originated from Newark. Reports are all 48 people on board are dead and at least one on the ground.

Prayers go out to all families affected by this tragedy. Sad day in WNY.

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/577959.html

Thank God you ended up ok- what a horrible thing. I knew a bunch of people out there and drove through there a lot when I lived out there. Horrible, horrible, horrible. I think I am going to be sick

Try harder. he seems to be the Messiah of ppp, but does throw some WTF statments out there.

:( Find one person who considers me the "Messiah" of anything. Most people don't even take me seriously. The people that do are people like you who have are inordinately invested in proving me wrong.

First my prayers to everyone effected by this crash

There are 1000s of way to leave this earth but I would not wish death this way on anybody

Icing HAD to be a factor.

I work in williamsville close to clarance overnights and most of the trees had ice on the branches

Im saying it had to be a factor

The press does not do any research, just repeat what they have been told.

Collins stated last night that the crash wsa about 10 miles from the airport. It is more like 5, now all the press is saying 10 miles. All they had to do was use Google earth and measure it. They are using google earth for the "pretty "graphic they use to show the route from Newark to the crash site.

Also, I heard that it wa a one story house that got hit. If you look at Google street view, there is only one house that is one story on that street. The one they showed from street view is the one next door, which comes up when you type in the address.

Man....we talk about switches and flaps and debate all this technical stuff and then you hear about the human side of it and it just slams you in the face.

I never lose sight of the human side of most things (which I know would surprise most people here). I just choose not to discuss it.

Speaking of...have they released the passenger list yet? If anyone gets it, a link would be appreciated.

As of last I heard, they're still notifying families.