Juaquin Pheonix

H2o

i thought his line..."i'll come to your house and chew gum" was an awesome line...didnt get the "...we owe farrah fawcett an apology..." line though

Farrah had a classic appearance on Letterman, where she was WAY out of it. It's the butt of many jokes.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And his period.

You need to go back to biology Cincy. Men don't have periods. ;)

I missed the part where he gets pissed at Paul, I may have to watch it again.

But, this is Letterman at his best, IMO. I haven't watched him in years, but this was the kind of uncomfortable interview that I used to LOVE when I watched him in the old days. Just freakin' bizarre.

Come to the show stupid, and expect to get trashed. Gotta love it.

His interview with Rod Blagojevich was classic. Blagojevich said he did nothing wrong and then Letterman played a part of a phone conversation he had and Blagojevich tried to explain it away. <_<

Blagojevich said "I wasn't expecting these tough questions". Letterman doesn't let people come on and espouse their crap without some kind of challenge. A lot of people won't go on his show because of that.

The late night talk shows aren't as "can't miss" as they used to be for me, but Letterman is still the best... and I will stand on Johnny Carsons' coffe table and say that! Leno is unbearable (hasn't been funny since he stoppled doing his "What's my beef?" bit on the old Letterman show), Conan is funny, but the interview portion of his show is pretty awful (good skits though- masturbating bear is still the king!), Jimmy Kimmel can be funny in small doses (only watch now if Sarah Silverman is on), and Craig Ferguson and the other guy (the MTV kid!) are as relevant and vital as the Byron Brown show used to be... Letterman may get his ass kicked in the ratings, but he is a genuinely funny guy, that doesn't go away.

Letterman's Farrah Fawcett crack was classic Dave!

Too true! :( Triumph rules late night TV though.

i thought his line..."i'll come to your house and chew gum" was an awesome line...didnt get the "...we owe farrah fawcett an apology..." line though

This will explain it.

i know alot on here dont like the skinny look, but I do and holy hell is she hot in that clip....i just love those legs...... <_<

You need to go back to biology Cincy. Men don't have periods. ;)

His interview with Rod Blagojevich was classic. Blagojevich said he did nothing wrong and then Letterman played a part of a phone conversation he had and Blagojevich tried to explain it away. :(

Blagojevich said "I wasn't expecting these tough questions". Letterman doesn't let people come on and espouse their crap without some kind of challenge. A lot of people won't go on his show because of that.

Too true! :( Triumph rules late night TV though.

This will explain it.

She looks like an anorexic heroin addict to me. ;)

There's three parts to that interview on Youtube you should watch all of them.

She looked a little too thin, even for me (and I like them really thin), but her face looks fantastic, in that clip.

Speaking of heroin, anybody wanna bet that's what Mr. Phoenix was on?

Although, my best guess is Joaquin did a whole lotta nose candy prior to that interview.

Some people don't have the typical reaction to certain drugs, so anything is possible...but. that didn't seem like coked-up behavior, to me. But, he did appear to be: on something, losing his s#it mentally, putting on an act and/or, maybe he's just a weird guy and this is normal for him. I don't really know.

like i posted earlier...it is alleged..rather guessed....it was an act..he was on nothing more than acting....and he does that very very well

Speaking of heroin, anybody wanna bet that's what Mr. Phoenix was on?

Although, my best guess is Joaquin did a whole lotta nose candy prior to that interview.

Some people don't have the typical reaction to certain drugs, so anything is possible...but. that didn't seem like coked-up behavior, to me. But, he did appear to be: on something, losing his s#it mentally, putting on an act and/or, maybe he's just a weird guy and this is normal for him. I don't really know.

It had all the ear marks of pot to me. In and out of focus and mellow. If he came out with potato chips and cupcakes that would've cinched it.

If he came out with potato chips and cupcakes that would've cinched it.

Hell, I think I ate those tonight. :w00t:

I'm nearing 40 and I've never smoked pot in my life...but I have a sweet tooth and an affinity for chips and popcorn. Go figure.

I am stunned that so many people here are so gullible.

I enjoyed his schtick, and that's what it was. Great PR, not only for the current movie, but also the next. He's going to keep this up for 2 years until the next movie comes out and don't ever expect the "gotcha" moment.

I enjoyed his schtick, and that's what it was. Great PR, not only for the current movie, but also the next. He's going to keep this up for 2 years until the next movie comes out and don't ever expect the "gotcha" moment.

Well, if you are suggesting that JP is going to play this character, as a persona, for two years, I'd say that is something other than "shtick", and a lot closer to, "crazy motherfuc#er". While I think he is overrated as an actor, he certainly doesn't need a stupid publicity circus act to get roles, and make plenty of cash.

I still think that he's really gone a little :w00t: Actors are a strange breed, most of them. They live in a world diving in and out of different personalities all of the time. They are really nothing more than well payed people with MPD(Multiple Personality Disorder). Some of them have trouble finding their own identity in the middle of all of the "roles" they take on. They say that contributed to the reasons Heath Ledger was taking the medication he had been taking when he died. They said he was having a hard time coming out of the "dark" characters he'd been playing on screen. If this is all an act he's(Pheonix) got me fooled.

like i posted earlier...it is alleged..rather guessed....it was an act..he was on nothing more than acting....and he does that very very well

Notice how often he avoids eye contact with Letterman. He keeps avoiding Dave so that he doesn't break the character and laugh after one of his jokes.

Well, if you are suggesting that JP is going to play this character, as a persona, for two years, I'd say that is something other than "shtick", and a lot closer to, "crazy motherfuc#er". While I think he is overrated as an actor, he certainly doesn't need a stupid publicity circus act to get roles, and make plenty of cash.

I have heard that this some sort of "Borat" like project he is working on...

I have heard that this some sort of "Borat" like project he is working on...

That would explain a lot, but I think that you can only do a "Borat" like project once. People's antennae go up otherwise. You know, fool me once, shame on you, etc...

And John may be right, but the Phoenix family does have a history of drug dependence, after all.

His interview with Rod Blagojevich was classic. Blagojevich said he did nothing wrong and then Letterman played a part of a phone conversation he had and Blagojevich tried to explain it away. :blink:

Great interview with Blago. I loved the way it started out.....

Blago: I've always wanted to be on Letterman in the worst way.

DL: Well.... I'd say this is the worst way.

:censored: