Juaquin Pheonix

H2o

http://www.comcast.net/articles/entertainm...terman.Phoenix/

He's really starting to get on the borde line of "scary" strange. His interview on Letterman was really out there. He seemed like a scared little kid and his speech sounded a little slurred maybe. I wonder if he went from heavy drinking to heavy drugs or something. Dud just doesn't seem like he's even halfway there anymore.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's really starting to get on the borde line of "scary" strange. His interview on Letterman was really out there. He seemed like a scared little kid and his speech sounded a little slurred maybe. I wonder if he went from heavy drinking to heavy drugs or something. Dud just doesn't seem like he's even halfway there anymore.

I know he can't spel his nam. Who can? He's a real dud who wont bothr to go back and chek what he tipes; lifts hz leg on anibody, eh?

:w00t:

Dude sounds as though he has lost his mind

"I'm sorry you couldn't be here tonight," Letterman said after his interview

Lines like this is why Letterman > Leno.

:w00t:

Leno's just too nice and campy to say anything like that to someone's face. Letterman called it like he saw it.

Remember kids --- look at Uncle Joquain --- drugs won't hurt you! :w00t::wallbash: . I hope he gets it back on track.

Guess he caught more people with that act that I would have thought he could have. Come on. That is a GREAT appearance and generates more pub for his movie than anything he could have done.

If you think it's real, I'll sell you a bridge. He's a pretty normal guy--he had the most normal appearance on Letterman 3 years ago.

Here's a link to the video of the interview. Letterman cracks on him constantly. At one point Pheonix gets ticked at Paul. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1xK6xz8d9Q

I missed the part where he gets pissed at Paul, I may have to watch it again.

But, this is Letterman at his best, IMO. I haven't watched him in years, but this was the kind of uncomfortable interview that I used to LOVE when I watched him in the old days. Just freakin' bizarre.

Come to the show stupid, and expect to get trashed. Gotta love it.

I missed the part where he gets pissed at Paul, I may have to watch it again.

But, this is Letterman at his best, IMO. I haven't watched him in years, but this was the kind of uncomfortable interview that I used to LOVE when I watched him in the old days. Just freakin' bizarre.

Come to the show stupid, and expect to get trashed. Gotta love it.

The late night talk shows aren't as "can't miss" as they used to be for me, but Letterman is still the best... and I will stand on Johnny Carsons' coffe table and say that! Leno is unbearable (hasn't been funny since he stoppled doing his "What's my beef?" bit on the old Letterman show), Conan is funny, but the interview portion of his show is pretty awful (good skits though- masturbating bear is still the king!), Jimmy Kimmel can be funny in small doses (only watch now if Sarah Silverman is on), and Craig Ferguson and the other guy (the MTV kid!) are as relevant and vital as the Byron Brown show used to be... Letterman may get his ass kicked in the ratings, but he is a genuinely funny guy, that doesn't go away.

Letterman's Farrah Fawcett crack was classic Dave!

from what i heard, he is filming a borat style 'documentary' of his music carreer...its all an act....he is being more like andy kaufman on letterman than crispin glover on letterman

And it looks like Letterman actually broke him after the "sorry you couldn't be here tonight" line. Phoenix laughed and smiled at that one.

i thought his line..."i'll come to your house and chew gum" was an awesome line...didnt get the "...we owe farrah fawcett an apology..." line though

And it looks like Letterman actually broke him after the "sorry you couldn't be here tonight" line. Phoenix laughed and smiled at that one.