Jags cut J Porter and D Florence

Stussy109

Michael C. Wright of the Florida Times-Union reports that coach Jack Del Rio has confirmed that the moves are being made. The team is expected to announce the transactions at some point today.

Per Wright, Florence due to receive a base salary of $1.9 million in 2009 and a $2.5 million roster bonus. Porter was scheduled to receive a $2 million roster bonus and a base salary of $1.9 million.

In signing the duo, the Jags gave Porter and Florence a total of $23 million in guaranteed money.

Both players will automatically become unrestricted free agents.

Porter could be handy for us

Well, I tried. Don't say I didn't try. I posted this not 3 hours ago.

link: http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...p;#entry1315208

Here's a short excerpt from the article on SI.com:

"The Jaguars paid more than $23 million for Porter and Florence to step into starting roles last year, but both failed to make an impact on the field and may have been even less impressive in the locker room. Teammates privately blamed them for chemistry issues that plagued Jacksonville (5-11) all season."

link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...tml?eref=sircrc

Yeah, that's what we want is to waste a huge amount of money on a guy who doesn't produce and poisons the locker room. Excellent idea.

Michael C. Wright of the Florida Times-Union reports that coach Jack Del Rio has confirmed that the moves are being made. The team is expected to announce the transactions at some point today.

Per Wright, Florence due to receive a base salary of $1.9 million in 2009 and a $2.5 million roster bonus. Porter was scheduled to receive a $2 million roster bonus and a base salary of $1.9 million.

In signing the duo, the Jags gave Porter and Florence a total of $23 million in guaranteed money.

Both players will automatically become unrestricted free agents.

Porter could be handy for us

:thumbsup:

Why do people think the Bills receiving corp needs another guy? It's the one position, other than DB, the Bills don't need anyone for. Spend money on a C, DT, LB, OL, and TE long before a receiver. With Evans, Reed, Johnson, Parrish and Hardy the Bills are in a very good position with receivers. Some competition is always needed but IMO, none of those guys will be cut this year.

Because people think someone is good just because they recognize their name.

:wallbash:

Let's sign Jerry Rice and Andre Reed. :wallbash:

:thumbsup:

Why do people think the Bills receiving corp needs another guy? It's the one position, other than DB, the Bills don't need anyone for. Spend money on a C, DT, LB, OL, and TE long before a receiver. With Evans, Reed, Johnson, Parrish and Hardy the Bills are in a very good position with receivers. Some competition is always needed but IMO, none of those guys will be cut this year.

:wallbash:

Let's sign Jerry Rice and Andre Reed. :wallbash:

I disagree. I think the team could use another sure-handed veteran receiver. We saw what happened when Josh Reed went down last year. Rocoe is a #4 at best. Who knows if Hardy will even be healthy enough to start the season? I liked what I saw out of Stevie Johnson -- but he had just a handful of opportunities. Now, I am not advocating Porter, because I think the guy is a head-case. But the team could definitely use a good veteran receiver for depth if nothing else.