I forsee major problems this year.....

SKOOBY

We are heading into the teeth of the lion this season. Our schedule is very difficult and we have some major holes on both sides of the line. I don't think our defense could pressure a high school QB, much less an NFL one. Our O-line, while doing a decent job of defending our QB's, did nothing for Marshawn / Freddie. Fowler needs walking papers and I would lose one other player on the O-line just to make another change. I watched our new 6'9" WR run and he is Frankenstein, Royal is absolutely useless with stone hands and I could safely say that every other TE we have needs to be axed.

Looking at the big picture, we have to replace about 1/4 of our current players to get to .500. When you add in the upcoming schedule and our front office's limited experience, you have a formula to draft 8th or better in the 2010 draft. Plan on the Bills picking 3rd.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are heading into the teeth of the lion this season. Our schedule is very difficult and we have some major holes on both sides of the line. I don't think our defense could pressure a high school QB, much less an NFL one. Our O-line, while doing a decent job of defending our QB's, did nothing for Marshawn / Freddie. Fowler needs walking papers and I would lose one other player on the O-line just to make another change. I watched our new 6'9" WR run and he is Frankenstein, Royal is absolutely useless with stone hands and I could safely say that every other TE we have needs to be axed.

Looking at the big picture, we have to replace about 1/4 of our current players to get to .500. When you add in the upcoming schedule and our front office's limited experience, you have a formula to draft 8th or better in the 2010 draft. Plan on the Bills picking 3rd.

If we dont make good changes we'll be maybe 6-10..or 5-11

Anything can happen and I'm seriously optimistic about our personnel moves coming this offseason. I think that Ralph is finally going to step up and make smart moves in FA and that we are going to draft well. I think we shed some dead weight this offseason and the day finally begins to dawn in Buffalo where we're headed in the right direction again. I say we go 8-8 or 9-7 with no playoffs of course, but improvement none the less.

Our O-line, while doing a decent job of defending our QB's, did nothing for Marshawn / Freddie.

Really? Then why did the Bills rank 6th in the NFL in rushing over the last half of the season, averaging almost 5 yards per carry? Seems like they did pretty well to me...can you please research your facts before posting this type of nonsense. Please? Did you watch the New England game where everyone knew the Bills were running the ball and yet Jackson still was ripping off huge gains?

In regards to the schedule, yes it looks daunting, but lets not forget that half of the teams that were good this year are not going to be good next year...hopefully a lot of them are on our schedule...

1. Even if Greer leaves in FA the Bills have one of the deepest CB units. The Bills have Chris Ellis who should step up after one year of limited play.

2. The major offseason needs are, IMO: Center, DT, TE, LB. That's not a huge list of things to take care of. In fact the draft alone might do that but I'm sure there will be some FA signings too.

The Bills are set at every other starting positions. I like Edwards, Lynch and Jackson, The O line is not as bad as everyone thinks, ST are outstanding every year and the CB depth is one of the best in the league. If Crowell stays the need for LB is greatly diminished.

Just like the 2007 Giants or the 2008 Cardinals. We have no shot. Or like the 2007 Dolphins. You guys have not been following football to well. :thumbsup:

:wallbash:

In mid February it's a done deal. We're doomed!!!!

I'm guessing the Bills go somewhere around 5-11 next year, now that the Jets have to put in a new QB along with their new HC. That being said, Jauron's past history of not managing games very well, regardless of the players, puts the Bills in an unenviable spot for next season.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

My inside sources tell me that Dick Jauron will be gone by the beginning of the season.

Really? Then why did the Bills rank 6th in the NFL in rushing over the last half of the season, averaging almost 5 yards per carry? Seems like they did pretty well to me...can you please research your facts before posting this type of nonsense. Please? Did you watch the New England game where everyone knew the Bills were running the ball and yet Jackson still was ripping off huge gains?

In regards to the schedule, yes it looks daunting, but lets not forget that half of the teams that were good this year are not going to be good next year...hopefully a lot of them are on our schedule...

How many of those 2nd half of the season games did we win?? I'd like to break the season upon different pieces as well but the reality is success is based on a full 16 games.

This post is based on where we stand today. If we do well with FA & the upcoming come draft, that obviously makes a difference.

1. Even if Greer leaves in FA the Bills have one of the deepest CB units. The Bills have Chris Ellis who should step up after one year of limited play.

2. The major offseason needs are, IMO: Center, DT, TE, LB. That's not a huge list of things to take care of. In fact the draft alone might do that but I'm sure there will be some FA signings too.

The Bills are set at every other starting positions. I like Edwards, Lynch and Jackson, The O line is not as bad as everyone thinks, ST are outstanding every year and the CB depth is one of the best in the league. If Crowell stays the need for LB is greatly diminished.

:thumbsup:

In mid February it's a done deal. We're doomed!!!!

The team also needs to make a long term decision about what they want to do with Jason Peters.

Anything can happen and I'm seriously optimistic about our personnel moves coming this offseason. I think that Ralph is finally going to step up and make smart moves in FA and that we are going to draft well. I think we shed some dead weight this offseason and the day finally begins to dawn in Buffalo where we're headed in the right direction again. I say we go 8-8 or 9-7 with no playoffs of course, but improvement none the less.

Holy Sh*t! You're not far from me - turn me on to some of that moonshine.

We are only 1 player away from being a very good team.

Unfortunately it’s 1 player at many positions.

1 DE to compliment Schobel.

1 DT to compliment Stroud.

1 LB if Crowell is gone.

1 Center.

1 Tight End

1 WR

1 Back-up QB

Hopefully some of these holes are on our roster already, and just haven’t developed yet.

And they all stay healthy!!!

The good news is we shouldn’t need a DB or RB.

:w00t: