Roberto Alomar, Reportedly, has AIDS

H2o

http://www.comcast.net/sports/russakoffrul...owinghehadaids/

I can't say that I'm falling for this one, but Alomar did run off into utter obscurity for "health reasons" rather quickly. Everyone around him is playing stupid right now, but I'm sure the truth will come out very soon. If the woman caught it, it's her own fault. She had consentual sex. Only if he knew and didn't tell her would it be a crime, then it's attempted murder.

I can't say that I'm falling for this one, but Alomar did run off into utter obscurity for "health reasons" rather quickly. Everyone around him is playing stupid right now, but I'm sure the truth will come out very soon. If the woman caught it, it's her own fault. She had consentual sex. Only if he knew and didn't tell her would it be a crime, then it's attempted murder.

This article says that Alomar told her he was free of any STD's. Not that she should have taken that as gospel, but I think if he knew he had HIV, didn't tell her and then knowingly had unprotected sex with her - he could be in a lot of trouble.

Ilya Dall of Whitestone said she met Alomar, 41, in 2002 and began an intimate relationship with him in which he said he was free of any sexually transmitted diseases, according to the papers.

Let's hope for his sake that the story is not true. However, the woman is not likely to file suit until and unless she is pretty confident in her allegations.

If the woman caught it, it's her own fault. She had consentual sex. Only if he knew and didn't tell her would it be a crime, then it's attempted murder.

According to this article:

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/02/...to_alomar_.html

She kept pushing him to get an HIV test and he flat out refused, saying he didn't have it. Now, it's on her for still having sex with him. But we have all been in relationships where if your partner said "I've been tested, I don't have it", you would believe them.

The court papers outline the couple's relationship, starting in 2002. A month after they began dating, Alomar convinced Dall to have unprotected sex and assured her he was disease-free, the suit alleges.

In 2004, Dall says she noticed cold sores in his mouth. In 2005, after a physical exam ordered by the Tampa Bay Rays, he was diagnosed with thrombocytopenia purpura, a blood disorder sometimes linked to HIV, she claims.

The doctor told him to have an HIV test and he refused, she says, stating he had been tested and was AIDS-free.

This article says that Alomar told her he was free of any STD's. Not that she should have taken that as gospel, but I think if he knew he had HIV, didn't tell her and then knowingly had unprotected sex with her - he could be in a lot of trouble.

Ilya Dall of Whitestone said she met Alomar, 41, in 2002 and began an intimate relationship with him in which he said he was free of any sexually transmitted diseases, according to the papers.

Not to mention death is knocking at his door.

on the other hand...

she's from eastern europe, runs a "massage parlor" and has an MLB sugar daddy. Like there's any way she's not a glorified prostitute.

Maybe she just gives a really good massage...

...as well as a dynamite happy ending.

That's the ump! It was Roberto!

:):)

I remember Norm MacDonald doing Weekend Update on that. Paraphrasing here:

Roberto Alomar, not to be confused with Cleveland catcher Sandy Alomar, stunned the sports world when he spit on umpire John Hirschbeck while arguing a call. When reached for comment, Sandy Alomar said, "I'm Sandy Alomar, not to be confused with Roberto Alomar."

:P

she is majorlyhot

Spit on the umpires face! I don't wish AIDS on anyone, but perhaps this was karma?

Pretty fuggin severe karma! My mom works as an accountant at a place called The Benedict House, which houses impoverished patients in the late stages of AIDS, and I've interacted with some of the sick folks quite a bit. Obviously, Roberto has the money to afford better care, but AIDS is something that I would never wish upon my worst enemy. It is simply awful. I'm so horrified by what I've seen that I'd honestly rather be euthanized than go through it all if I were diagnosed.

Seriously folks, get yourself tested, ask your girl if she's been tested, double up on the condom, whatever it takes.

Alomar's last good year was with the Indians in 2001. I remember his career went south pretty fast after the Tribe traded him to the Mets.

I wonder if Robbie Alomar's been HIV-positive since at least 2001. Is it stated anywhere that he has the full-blown AIDS virus; that he isn't just HIV-positive?

I've represented people with AIDS. It's not a pretty sight.

Alomar's last good year was with the Indians in 2001. I remember his career went south pretty fast after the Tribe traded him to the Mets.

I wonder if Robbie Alomar's been HIV-positive since at least 2001. Is it stated anywhere that he has the full-blown AIDS virus; that he isn't just HIV-positive?

I've represented people with AIDS. It's not a pretty sight.

There's no AIDS virus per se. AIDS is a clinical diagnosis based on the state of your immune system (T-cell count, etc).

They say you have "full-blown AIDS" as opposed to "HIV positive" once you meet certain parameters. Also, folks with AIDS eventually succumb to something like pneumonia as the virus destroys white blood cells.

Please remember that I'm no expert. I learned all of this by watching the 3rd season of "The Real World" and "Philadelphia".

Is that the baseball player that spit on the ump years ago? I know it was an Alomar, was it Sandy? I am pretty sure it was Roberto.

??

...and now we know the rest of the story. In the story I read in a NY paper, Alomar claims he was raped by men in Mexico years ago. If that is true, it may explain why he reacted so violently when the umpire called him gay.