Cap Space

pBills

Cap is 124 million for 2009, currently the Bills have 98 million committed to payroll, not including any bonuses that may either be added to or deducted from this number, so currently, they are about 26 million under the cap, which is I believe in the top 6 or 7 in the NFL. I know the Cardinals have the most available under the cap at like $44 million, and there are a few more teams in the 30-40 million range as well.

However, there are a LOT of teams with a LOT of money right now to spend because of how fast the cap is increasing relative to player salaries, and what is going to end up happening is a lot of marginal players are going to be getting a pretty nice payday they would have never seen a few years ago because so many teams have excess money, they can afford to spend it on players who might have only gotten a little more than the veteran's minimum a few years ago and could cash in pretty big...see Kevin Curtis as an example---a decent player, but nowhere near what he got from the Eagle's last year due to what I just talked about...