DRAFTDOG.COM: Mack at #11!!!!

Thurman#1

I don't know if this will happen, but many are dismissing the possibility, and we shouldn't, for just the reasons this site cites.

link: http://www.nfldraftdog.com/Mock_Draf...mock_draft.htm

Center is one of our two biggest needs. If we only have one guy picked out as our main target at DE and whoever he is he's gone, and if Curry is gone, and Raji as well, I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

They also predict us taking Barwin in the second. That would not be bad.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this will happen, but many are dismissing the possibility, and we shouldn't, for just the reasons this site cites.

Center is one of our two biggest needs. If we only have one guy picked out as our main target at DE and whoever he is he's gone, and if Curry is gone, and Raji as well, I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

That is interesting. They also call Pettigrew a "steal" at # 21. Everything will depend on just how good the "inner circle" thinks these guys are, and how much of a say they give to Jauron.

If either one of these guys turn out good, the result would be more points. It is amazing how long this team has been weak at these 2 positions.

Mack at 11 is insane, he is simply not worth a first round pick. Furthermore the senior bowl proved he has a problem anchoring against bigger DT's and is better suited in a zone blocking scheme. How would that player help this team? The Bills need an upgrade at center and that should be addressed in the draft in the second or third round.

Mack at 11 is insane, he is simply not worth a first round pick. Furthermore the senior bowl proved he has a problem anchoring against bigger DT's and is better suited in a zone blocking scheme. How would that player help this team? The Bills need an upgrade at center and that should be addressed in the draft in the second or third round.

thank you.

My problem with this is that 11 would be the highest a center has ever been drafted. And that would be okay if the guy was as close to a sure thing as can be. But he's not even universally thought of as the top at his position. Mayock has him 3rd among centers.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Compare that to the unanimity around Crabtree as the best receiver in the draft, and it seems to risky.

The Senior Bowl proved just the opposite.

Look for my post on this page, with lots of quotes and links.

link: http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...urman&st=20

My problem with this is that 11 would be the highest a center has ever been drafted. And that would be okay if the guy was as close to a sure thing as can be. But he's not even universally thought of as the top at his position. Mayock has him 3rd among centers.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Compare that to the unanimity around Crabtree as the best receiver in the draft, and it seems to risky.

Look also at the success rate among first-round WRs versus the success rate among first-round centers. You can guess which is much much higher, can't you?

Look also at the success rate among first-round WRs versus the success rate among first-round centers. You can guess which is much much higher, can't you?

1. We're not talking about first-round WRs. We're talking about indisputably the top-ranked WR. You know, like Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson.

2. If you draft a center worthy of the 2nd round in the 1st, does that increase his chances of success?

1. We're not talking about first-round WRs. We're talking about indisputably the top-ranked WR. You know, like Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson.

2. If you draft a center worthy of the 2nd round in the 1st, does that increase his chances of success?

Let me answer in order:

1) Well, those are the good examples. But I know that both of us could also come up with several "indisputably top-ranked top-ranked" WRs who have bombed out just in the last ten years.

2) Good thing that's not the case here then.

This only proves that the perpetual FO shunning of the OL is about on par with fans' thinking.

Success requires investment. Getting OL via UFA is uber-expensive to the point of neglecting other areas, and signing retreads means you'll have a crap line which means you'll have a crap offense w/o being able to tell if your skill players were any good. So, those choices both being the 'Building an OL for Dummies' method.... that leaves actually giving a crap about your lines when you're drafting. And maybe if you finally have a complete OL, the skills players the Bills already have --- and most here are clammoring to cut all their heads off --- will be able to do their jobs and have some time rather than reacting to shouts of 'Busted play!' etc.

Then again, Linda Bogdan, Ralph's daughter, is the chief OL scout. Let's make it easier on her and just not draft OL besides the 6th or 7th, ever. Don't wanna put her on the hot seat. We'll just make up for her inability to spot a good player/take pretty good odds on someone like Mack, and instead spend $100M on two schlubs in UFA and have John Guy eat the sh-- sandwich.

As ever, the way Ralph runs this team is its biggest problem.

Id like to see Buffalo grab Matt Birk....then draft a center 3rd round.

We have Mack as going at #33 or #35. Much more likely than #11 because of the Senior Bowl week.

Besides. Draft Dog's LAST update was November 30. This is unheard of with some sites updating daily. Must not be spending the time on it this year.

the guys on NFL radio were talking about Mack yesterday I believe and they said he is shooting up the draft board and will probably end up going higher then most people think. They said he more then held his own against everyone

Bills havnt had a quality Center since Hull last played for them...i would love to see them get him. The one thing to consider though is that this draft is deep at Center so they could get one later as well

This only proves that the perpetual FO shunning of the OL is about on par with fans' thinking.

Success requires investment. Getting OL via UFA is uber-expensive to the point of neglecting other areas, and signing retreads means you'll have a crap line which means you'll have a crap offense w/o being able to tell if your skill players were any good. So, those choices both being the 'Building an OL for Dummies' method.... that leaves actually giving a crap about your lines when you're drafting. And maybe if you finally have a complete OL, the skills players the Bills already have --- and most here are clammoring to cut all their heads off --- will be able to do their jobs and have some time rather than reacting to shouts of 'Busted play!' etc.

Amazing post UCJ!!! :P

Most Bills Fans will never see this. The board is now cluttered with "blame the quarterback" posts, as if that is really what is wrong with the Bills. Some of it is of course sour grapes, but still.....A 30 year old (or even slightly older) Bills Fan has lived his adult life never having seen what we could do with strong blocking. How f :) d up is that?

Last year, the situation with Peters was obviously bad. It also made a big difference imo when Butler got hurt. He was replaced by garbage. I'm not sure what is wrong with Dockery, but he looked to be standing around way much. Center? Tight End? Please. :)

Jauron was a loser in the cold with Chicago, and he is a loser in Buffalo. He should be a defensive backs coach in a dome. The Bills need a coach and a GM who know how to build a team that is suited for the elements.