What is the best meal you have ever eaten?

BuffaloBill

Blasphemy!!!! Now, be careful as lots of places now a days saying they got Blues(Cheasapeake) Crabs, but they be from the Gulf or Phillipines. Phillips Crab in the grocery store is is now all from Vietnam. Nothing like FRESH Blues out o the water that morn and in your gullet that afternoon.

Don't get me wrong ... crab is probably the finest food on the planet ... although I will say the one and only time I had stone crab it sucked .... I'll take a pile of blues and a pint of beer any day of the week. Nothing like picking crab and enjoying time with friends :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Delmonico's Steakhouse (Emeril's) Las Vegas, NV - Bone In Rib Steak, Truffle Parmesan Potato Chips and the Vegatable of the Day. Not a cheap meal but easily the tastiest one I've ever had. At the time, I hadn't experienced many expensive steaks and it was absolutely amazing. Now I've been to quite a few nice steak houses in Boston, New York and Texas for work and still nothing compares. FYI - the potato chips, as funny as it sounds, may have been almost as good as the steak.

Nothing will ever top that for I bet. First time with a great Bone in Rib Eye seared at 1000 degrees, just heaven eh??? Next time at a great restuarant, do not be afraid to order some marrow bone dishes. After all, the bone provided that flavor, and marrow provides the flavor to the bone!!!!

I remember the first time I had a top bone in Rib Eye. It was the original Palm in NYC, friends dad was picking up the tab as I was right out of college. Had lobster for the first time that night as well. Both have been the best I ever had.

Angelo's 677 Prime in albany (cowboy steak )

Weber grill in Chicago (steak)

Emeril's Nola in New Orleans (Special , duck )

Lanzi's on the Lake in Mayfield NY ( Blackened Tuna special )

The Local Pub and Teahouse Saratoga NY ( fish fry )

It's a toss-up between the Lobster Thermidor at old Trader Vic's in DC, prepared table-side, or any one of the countless times I had dinner at The Dean's house on Twin Peaks.

:)

While I am sure it isn't true, I appreciate the compliment, Sen. The company was most excellent. We sure had a bevy of fine babes at those dinner parties.

Going to Disney next January for the Disney Marathon/post-holiday family get-together, I'll have to make sure to check that out. My dad is a big steak fanatic, so I'll be sure to drop that hint to him one day.

I would definitely suggest looking into it. It's a nice family atmosphere, with exceptional food. Great entertainment as well, hula hoop contests and fun Hawaii activities for the kids while the adults have their fun.

Wonder what place this is. There is a resturant on RT 1 in laurel, the Lighthouse, that has the absolutele best She Crab soup in the world. But they have a replica lighthouse out front, and you would have remembered that.

Actually, I'm saying it's in Laurel, but it just as easily could have been Beltsville, Burtonville or any of the other 14 "villes" around there. Remember I've had a beer or two since that evening in Maryland, so the exact location is fuzzy at best, but I'll never forget the food or the atmosphere, just felt like you were "at home."

I'll take a pile of blues and a pint of beer any day of the week. Nothing like picking crab and enjoying time with friends :)

What you describe above BuffaloBill just might be why I remember that place in Maryland so well. It was me and three or four friends, a bucket of shells and lots of beers. Great times no doubt.

This might not qualify as a "Meal" because of it's actually a brunch buffet, but Sunday Brunch at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs is world-renowned for good reason and it's definitely something one should partake in if at all possible.

Chateau Frontenac, Quebec City...to die for. Either that or the f-ing bunny I ate after four days in arctic survival school at Fairchild AFB in 1969.

I think there's something to that "frame of reference angle". January 1993 in about 18" of snow atop a ridge line at Ft. Indiantown Gap, PA teaching land navigation to freshman cadets. It was a cloudless day and the sun was about as bright as it can get. Blue sky as far as the eye could see. S4 had the mess send up some chili. I was hungry, the chili was awesome and the view was spectacular.

I bet the bunny was better, though. :)

Agree with some of the posts, there's way too much good food to limit it to one meal or place. There are literally a dozens - big and small. But, here's a few great places I enjoy:

City Hall in NYC for Steak (used to eat there frequently, haven't enjoyed steak since)

Giuseppe’s in Columbus, OH for Italian (for the atmosphere and friends as much as the food)

Rutabagas in Idaho Falls, ID for a great surprise (just a great place)

Rusty Parrot's Wild Sage in Jackson, WY best all around (unbelievable experience there)

Christini's in Orlando, FL for honorable mention. (Absolutely no better food or servce - get the calamari, trust me.)

The Bourbon Mall in Bourbon, MS for catfish, bourbon jugs and god only knows what else (now this place is one of a kind and in the middle of nowhere, literally)

I literally live down around the corner from Giuseppes in Columbus (more accurately Bexley) and have eaten there a handful of times. I have been less than impressed each time. I agree the atmosphere is great especially eating outside on the street on a nice summer night, but I have only had average food there. I got the lasagna one time and it was flat out bad. Almost cold and tasted like it came out of a frozen food section. I will say that I'm a semi picky eater and may not have made the best choices but my fiance likes about anything and she thinks it is just average too. We have friends that love it though so it proves "to each his own".

Now back on topic, I've had a few that stick out in my mind. Had a great steak at a Ruth Chris' in Columbus but probably can get the same at any nice steakhouse. Had an amazing lobster thermidor while in St. Martin. Had a gluttonous experience at one of those all you can eat Brazillian steakhouses in Panama City, Fl. Had some great "low country" cooking and seafood in Charleston, SC. One of the best overall (maybe best) has been at Cameron Mitchell's Ocean Club at Easton in Columbus. Had salt & pepper tuna and jalapeno potatoes au gratten (sp?). Fiance had blue cheese mashed potatos as a side that were also so good that they should have been illegal. A place that is our favorite though is Lindy's in Columbus' German Village. Been there countless times and each time the food and service has been exceptional. We're even having our rehersal dinner for our fall wedding there. One area I have never visited and need to for seafood consuming purposes alone is the Northeast. I can only imagine taking down a nice Maine lobster that just came in that day. Great thread though, I could go on and on.....mmm

To me there is no such thing as "best ever" when it comes to food. There is a threshold of "excellent" which I've experienced many times. And it's usually found at some out-of-the-way no-name Mom & Pop joint. And price is a factor, too. A delicious BBQ sandwich for $5.99 ranks higher than an equally fabulous fancy dinner that costs $100.

One such example was a Carolina BBQ Beef sandwich I had at RBC Arena in Raleigh. (Sabres vs Hurricanes game 7, 2006) Best food I've eaten at a sports event. Too bad the game didn't finish better.

PTR

Absolutely and utterly incorrect. A fine steak is better than anything else, and you know where you had the best steak ever. In addition, the best steaks are the ones that cost the most.