What is the best meal you have ever eaten?

BuffaloBill

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a really tough call...kinda depends on what you are in the mood for.

I've had one of the best bone-in-ribeyes of my life at Sparks, served of course, with NYC panache and fine wine/scotch; I've had the freshest lobster in my life on Pinel Island (off the coast of St. Maarten), where the local pulled the lobster trap from the ocean, walked to my table and said "Which one?," then grilled it over charcoal, while I drank a cold beer..wow; I've had some of the best French meals at either Le Cirque or LaGrenouille in NYC, fantastic food, elegance and different every time; I've had Dungeness Crab, very fresh and delicious right out of San Francisco bay, a truely rare treat...I can continue.

I guess many meals stand out, not one stands alone.

I had Vietnamese for lunch today (pho to be specific) it was good but not enough to make a top list. Sorry but you have to push harder.

Not any old Vietnamese food or restaurant (or for that matter any old Italian or Thai). I was thinking about this restaurant, in particular, when I mentioned Vietnamese:

http://www.anfamily.com/Restaurants/thanhl...s/homepage.html

Their Garlic Crab, and Colossal Royal Tiger Prawns (served on a bed of garlic noodles) is simply outstanding. Of course, the last time I checked, each of those dishes were $35-40...and you really must get both.

Thats a really tough call...kinda depends on what you are in the mood for.

I've had one of the best bone-in-ribeyes of my life at Sparks, served of course, with NYC panache and fine wine/scotch; I've had the freshest lobster in my life on Pinel Island (off the coast of St. Maarten), where the local pulled the lobster trap from the ocean, walked to my table and said "Which one?," then grilled it over charcoal, while I drank a cold beer..wow; I've had some of the best French meals at either Le Cirque or LaGrenouille in NYC, fantastic food, elegance and different every time; I've had Dungeness Crab, very fresh and delicious right out of San Francisco bay, a truely rare treat...I can continue.

I guess many meals stand out, not one stands alone.

I hear what tou say but that is the beauty of this thread. I would agree with you that Dungeness crab is worth killing yourself for (worth more than Chesapeake crab). Yum yum my friend.

Not any old Vietnamese food or restaurant (or for that matter any old Italian or Thai). I was thinking about this restaurant, in particular, when I mentioned Vietnamese:

http://www.anfamily.com/Restaurants/thanhl...s/homepage.html

Their Garlic Crab, and Colossal Royal Tiger Prawns (served on a bed of garlic noodles) is simply outstanding. Of course, the last time I checked, each of those dishes were $35-40...and you really must get both.

I need to plan a business trip to SF. Your recommendation looks good.

Wright's at the Arizona Biltmore on my honeymoon. Outstanding dinner, fabulous dessert, shared a bottle of Dom, had the wife for a second dessert later :rolleyes:

If I was in a dirty mood I would offer many jokes about your second dessert but seems unfair to joke about it.

My great grandmothers sauce and meatballs or my mothers linguini and white clam sauce. Hands down. I can make a steak better than any steakhouse can so I really don't go out for steak. Also this is kind weird but my grandfather used to make wine way before I was an itch in my old mans pants and my grandmother saved a ton of it and she used to make a simple salad dressing out of it that was unreal. Till this day I have never tasted anything like it.

Honestly, I'd trade in all the fine cuisine in the world for some pizza, wings, franks (at a ball game), and beer. Of course, I'd probably be dead by the age of 25 on that diet, but whatevskies.

You're young ... you can get away with this diet .... however you need to eat food that is better prepared ... a well made meal comes up short when compared to sex but in my book it is a relative second.

Homemade polish sausage and potato pancakes that two of my departed aunts used to make, with fresh rye bread and a butter lamb for Easter, and chrusciki (angel wings) and elephant ear cookies for dessert.

Makes me wanna head to Broadway Market right now. Not familiar with the 'elephant ears', though.