Tickets to a sporting event...

Buftex

I am thinking of pulling the trigger on buying myself a pair of tickets for a Celtics/Spurs game, that just happens to fall on my birthday. I am a big Celtics fan, the game is on a Friday night, and San Antonio is only about an hour away from me...

Looking at tickets, they are pretty pricey. I am waivering a little bit...it is a regular season game, afterall...what is the most you ever paid for a ticket to a sporting event? I think for me, it was the tennis US Open, in the early 1990's... about a $150 for an all day pass...

I was lucky enough to work, before, in a job where free tickets to games was were one of the many perks... I just can't believe how much tickets are now, thanks to friggin' stub hub!

$500, which was cheap, field championship level, Box number 62 (7 rows behind the Yankee dugout), Diamondback at Yankees, 2001 World Series, Game 4.

Yanks down 3-1 in the bottom of the 9th, about to go down 3 games to 1 in the Series, BAM! the Tino HR to tie in the bottom of the 9th. In the 10th, Jeter becomes Mr. November winning it with an opposite field dinger.

Greatest baseball game I ever saw. Yankee Stadium shook like no event I had ever attended that night...so much raw release of emotion after 9/11.

Game 5 2000 NLCS, Mets vs Cardinals. Paid $350 a ticket for upperdeck seats behind home plate. Hampton pitched a complete game & the Mets won. I have been to Shea Stadium probably 40 times in my life including a few playoff games. I have never heard so loud then that night. On the final out when mets clinched to go to the ws the stadium from the upper decks actually felt like it was shaking.