ESPN Bracketbuster TV games

PromoTheRobot

Two WNY college basketball teams will be shown on ESPN2 during "Bracketbusters" weekend. Niagara will host Illinois State Friday 2/20 @ 7pm. UB will be at Vermont Sat 2/21 @ 1pm. These games will also be shown on ESPN360. FYI: Canisius plays at Bowling Green but will not be shown on TV.

ESPN Bracketbuster complete schedule.

PTR

Two WNY college basketball teams will be shown on ESPN2 during "Bracketbusters" weekend. Niagara will host Illinois State Friday 2/20 @ 7pm. UB will be at Vermont Sat 2/21 @ 1pm. These games will also be shown on ESPN360. FYI: Canisius plays at Bowling Green but will not be shown on TV.

ESPN Bracketbuster complete schedule.

PTR

Ub got a bad draw with Vermont. They really needed to play a team like Butler/Davidson/Utah St. I realize they would probably get beat by these teams, especially playing on the road, but if by chance they could of beat a team of this stature, they would be in the at large talk come selection sunday. That being said, they are probably going to have to win the MAC tourney to get to the dance.

Ub got a bad draw with Vermont. They really needed to play a team like Butler/Davidson/Utah St. I realize they would probably get beat by these teams, especially playing on the road, but if by chance they could of beat a team of this stature, they would be in the at large talk come selection sunday. That being said, they are probably going to have to win the MAC tourney to get to the dance.

Even if they beat a school mentioned, it's a long shot to earn an at-large bid coming from the basketball-challenged MAC. Better they just win the MAC. That said I think VT is a good draw...a comparable yet beatable opponent. Best of all I bought tickets today so I'm going. Only 2-1/4 hours drive from me.

PTR

A tale of 2 divisions. As well as UB is playing, they have some company. Could come down to the last game of the year, that would be fun. I will be at the Bowling Green game next week...GO BULLS!!!!

East Division

Buffalo 8-1 16-5

Miami OH 7-2 14-7

Akron 6-3 15-8

Bowling Green 6-3 13-9

Ohio 5-4 12-10

Kent State 5-4 12-11

West Division

Ball State 5-4 10-11

Western Michigan 4-5 7-15

Central Michigan 3-6 6-15

Northern Illinois 2-7 6-15

Toledo 2-7 4-19

Eastern Michigan 1-8 3-20

remaining schedule:

Feb

Thu., 12 at Eastern Michigan* 7:00 pm

Sun., 15 at Ball State* 2:00 pm

Wed., 18 BOWLING GREEN* 7:00 pm

Sat., 21 at Vermont (ESPNU Bracketbusters on ESPN2) 1:00 pm

Thu., 26 AKRON* 7:00 pm

March

Sun., 1 at Ohio* 2:00 pm

Thu., 5 at Kent State* 7:00 pm

Sun., 8 MIAMI (OH)* 2:00 pm

Even if they beat a school mentioned, it's a long shot to earn an at-large bid coming from the basketball-challenged MAC. Better they just win the MAC. That said I think VT is a good draw...a comparable yet beatable opponent. Best of all I bought tickets today so I'm going. Only 2-1/4 hours drive from me.

PTR

It used to be the MAC was always a multiple bid league. I remember when teams like Miami Ohio, Kent St & Ball St made nice runs in the tournament. There is no reason why this league should not be on par with a league like the Mountain West when it comes to basketball. For whatever reason, it just has not happened. UB has got as good as chance as anybody to win the tournament this year. Where is it in? Cleveland?

It used to be the MAC was always a multiple bid league. I remember when teams like Miami Ohio, Kent St & Ball St made nice runs in the tournament. There is no reason why this league should not be on par with a league like the Mountain West when it comes to basketball. For whatever reason, it just has not happened. UB has got as good as chance as anybody to win the tournament this year. Where is it in? Cleveland?

They definitely have a chance to win the MAC tourney. But I have to agree with PTR, if UB finishes second, they do not get an at large bid. Their only significant non-conference win was against Temple, if they could have pulled out the UConn game, it may have been a different story. But all other non-conference wins were against struggling teams like, Pepperdine, Colorado, Colorado State, Florida International, and UNC Ashville. The one thing in their favor is that they are playing in a strong division, which should bump up their RPI. You never know with the NCAA tourney, but I wouldn't expect an at large bid...