China auto sales higher than US for first time ever in January

BuffaloBill

Sheer population numbers suggest that unless there is war or some other huge change the balance of economic power will continue to shift to China. This shift is even more pronounced when looking at BRIC nations in combination. I believe the current economic situation is simply a speed bump in this drive. My guess is that within 15 - 20 years chinese consumers will drive more of the world economy than do US consumers today.

This situation in my mind is not negative. However, people alive in the US today have not lived in a world where they were anything but "top dog" from an economic and military perspective. It will be interesting to see how the change impacts thoughts and life here.

Can you tell ..... I am bored?

Just a thought for the day.

Sheer population numbers suggest that unless there is war or some other huge change the balance of economic power will continue to shift to China. This shift is even more pronounced when looking at BRIC nations in combination. I believe the current economic situation is simply a speed bump in this drive. My guess is that within 15 - 20 years chinese consumers will drive more of the world economy than do US consumers today.

This situation in my mind is not negative. However, people alive in the US today have not lived in a world where they were anything but "top dog" from an economic and military perspective. It will be interesting to see how the change impacts thoughts and life here.

Can you tell ..... I am bored?

Just a thought for the day.

It's not all that surprising, really, when you consider that there are 1,330,044,544 people in China - IOW, if you are "one-in-a-million" in China, it means there are 1330 people just like you.

A neighbor of mine works for a big chemical company and they send him to China periodically on buisness. He stays a couple weeks at a time and has told me the workers there are treated almost like slaves. He said alot of the factories there build big empty warehouses next to their facilities to house the workers. Partitions are set up,like cubicles,inside the warehouse and hundreds of familys live in there. Miserable exsistence. That's where so many of our manufacturing jobs have gone.

China, it means there are 1330 people just like you.

Let's hope not for their sake -

Yeah the numbers are staggering ... I read somewhere recently if you slice off the top 10% in terms of human IQ in India and China you end up with more people than the entire adult population of the United States. The point of the article is that as these two countries catch up and surpass the U.S relative to education levels the brainpower available to them will be of staggering proportions.

Let's hope not for their sake -

Yeah the numbers are staggering ... I read somewhere recently if you slice off the top 10% in terms of IQ in India and China you end up with more people than the entire adult population of the United States. The point of the article is that as these two countries catch up and surpass the U.S relative to education levels the brainpower available to them will be of staggering proportions.

Quite possibly so, B2.

But, despite those staggering numbers, China will never EVER have anyone quite like...

Mike Leach