Lack of Talent on Offense Leads to.............

H2o

I don't know if I actually believe this will happpen, but I wouldn't be that surprised if it did. Old Ralphie boy seems to think that the offense is lacking more so than the defense :thumbsup: I think that they both lack equally in key positions, specifically the lines. What if Ralph and his current "my circle" had the Commish step to the poteum to announce one of the three names forementioned? I don't ever think that Ralph was going to go with a TE @ #11 unless it was Gresham, so Pettigrew is out the window. I have a strange feeling that Macklin could be a member of the Bills after pick #11 on April 25, 2009. Anyone else expecting a "curveball" from our FO in Round 1 on draft day?

yeah Nicks is the best at the position in the draft but honestly...I don't know why people were expecting the world out of Hardy this year even though he did have a below average year for a rookie, but he needs time to develop, at least a couple years until we have to go high in the draft for a reciever. Plus stevie J is a stud in the making.

edit-this wasn't a direct response to you h20

Ive been hearing talk about a kid from Cal Poly who is every bit good as Nicks and will be there later rounds. I mean if he was as good as Nicks, I say he would be off the boards early....Anyone know the kids name? I did see him in the college drill competition in Tampa....looked very polished

Anyone who watched the Bills last year knows that while the lack of sacks is unsettling, our problem was on offense. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills went O in the first. Especially if they don't have any of the DEs ranked high on their board. The Bills will target their needs, and we have many, so we are in a great position to address one of these needs with any one of the top prospects.

Obviously it'll boil down to who we have ranked at the top of our board when our turn comes, but I expect the Bills to grab a good prospect who fills a need.

Of course until free agency is over and we see who we sign, all bets are off. We'll know more after the Combine too.

i hope not. If anything they could hope to get Hakeem Nicks in the second round, and I am willing to go out on a limb and say he will have a better pro career than any of the Wr's in this year draft including Crabtree....

I don't think that Nicks makes it to our slot in Round 2 by any stretch of the imagination. I can't see it. Teams like St. Louis, KC, Seattle, Jacksonville, Oakland, Cincy, Cleveland, and even Detroit are all in front of us. One of them would surely take him before he got to our slot. Green Bay might even take him because of the talent the guy has shown.

yeah Nicks is the best at the position in the draft but honestly...I don't know why people were expecting the world out of Hardy this year even though he did have a below average year for a rookie, but he needs time to develop, at least a couple years until we have to go high in the draft for a reciever. Plus stevie J is a stud in the making.

edit-this wasn't a direct response to you h20

Bro' no harm, no foul :thumbsup: I too like what we got out of Johnson for where we selected the guy. Sad thing is, he probably does even better if he lands on a better team. If he landed in Denver, or Philly, or in Miami he probably puts up alot better #'s in his rookie campaign.

The only thing I don't agree with is the thinking that Nicks is the best WR in the draft. He's good, but I think that Crabtree is clearly above the rest of these guys right now. Size, speed, strength, agility, gaining separation off of the line, route running, running ability after the catch, finding the soft spot in zone coverage, and using his body to shield off defenders. Not to mention it seems like his hands were manufactured by Elmer's. The guy does it all. Here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aJZsjImymc