Tricky Dick on Archie Bunker and fags

John Adams

It's a shame people don't know, or remember, or want to acknowledge Nixon's accomplishments. He effectively ended American involvement in Vietnam, opened relations with China, initiated detente with the Ruskies, abolished of the gold standard, to protect the dollar, was a peace maker in the Middle East, and helped keep the peace between India and Pakistan. He took economic steps to curb inflation, implemented anti-crime measures, successfully accelerated desegregation, and reformed welfare. Started EPA, OSHA, an the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Reorganized the Post Office, implemented the first significant federal affirmative action program. Started the Space shuttle program......

Other presidents have caused more damage Nixon. Unless you're referring to the fact that tons of Woodward and Bernstein inspired young people rushed to journalism schools, to later turn the once respectable profession into what it is today?

You forgot the most important thing. He was the last President to have a balanced budget. Nice post BTW. If anything like most presidents, he's the only one that got caught so far.

That Carter dude was a good one, eh?

You forgot the most important thing. He was the last President to have a balanced budget. Nice post BTW. If anything like most presidents, he's the only one that got caught so far.

That Carter dude was a good one, eh?

Actually even though I hated him .. to his credit .. Billary white house had surplus years ... I know .. you'll argue it was because of social security surplus

It's a shame people don't know, or remember, or want to acknowledge Nixon's accomplishments. He effectively ended American involvement in Vietnam, opened relations with China, initiated detente with the Ruskies, abolished of the gold standard, to protect the dollar, was a peace maker in the Middle East, and helped keep the peace between India and Pakistan. He took economic steps to curb inflation, implemented anti-crime measures, successfully accelerated desegregation, and reformed welfare. Started EPA, OSHA, an the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Reorganized the Post Office, implemented the first significant federal affirmative action program. Started the Space shuttle program......

Other presidents have caused more damage Nixon. Unless you're referring to the fact that tons of Woodward and Bernstein inspired young people rushed to journalism schools, to later turn the once respectable profession into what it is today?

Prior to his impeachment, I understand he was one of the most popular presidents ever- winning his second term by a landslide. I am sure just like any other president, he had his share of things- both good and bad.

Prior to his impeachment, I understand he was one of the most popular presidents ever- winning his second term by a landslide. I am sure just like any other president, he had his share of things- both good and bad.

Yeah...but he actually was never impeached. He resigned first, in humiliation. Can you imagine Clinton or Bush ever feeling humiliation enough to step down?

Yeah...but he actually was never impeached. Re resigned first, in humiliation. Can you imagine Clinton or Bush ever feeling humiliation enough to step down?

It was a different time- probably wouldn't happen these days. Clinton isn't headed for Mt. Rushmore anytime soon, but what led to his impeachment was stupid.

Lying under oath is stupid? Then getting caught? Regardless of what it was about is moot.

Next.

I don't dispute that at all- he was stupid for lying. It was ridiculous and a waste of our country's resources to have those questions asked- and no, I don't think what Clinton did was right.

If things are so partisan that the opposite party has to ask questions about the president's sex life in court, then we are in deep trouble. The President's time shouldn't be wasted like that- regardless of party affiliation.