Name your favorite one hit wonder band and song

BuffaloBill

Terry Jacks:Seasons in the Sun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfm-17pu6SQ

Paper Lace : The Night Chicago Died

Formative songs in the early 70's for a boy born in 63.

Also, this was all I could find, but the shaving cream song was huge on radio sometime in my youth, maybe only on Buffalo radio, but it was so risque for a 9 or 10 year old

Sorry--wrong about Jacks...Had the other hit 'Which way you goin Billy?'

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry--wrong about Jacks...Had the other hit 'Which way you goin Billy?'

Paper Lace also did: Billy Don't Be a Hero. :w00t:

Paper Lace was a Nottingham based pop group, formed in 1969. They are known to Americans as a one-hit wonder; however, in the UK they were a "classic two and a half hit wonder" :cry:

Wow... Had to look that one up, you are bringing up the old 45 collection we had when I was a child!

And TJ wasn't solo... He was with The Poppy Family:Wiki: The Poppy Family :w00t::wallbash:

You did get me digging in my "45 memory" though!

Billy Don't Be a Hero

Now Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods, they are a little more of a one hit wonder!

Paper Lace also did: Billy Don't Be a Hero. :w00t:

Paper Lace was a Nottingham based pop group, formed in 1969. They are known to Americans as a one-hit wonder; however, in the UK they were a "classic two and a half hit wonder" :cry:

Wow... Had to look that one up, you are bringing up the old 45 collection we had when I was a child!

And TJ wasn't solo... He was with The Poppy Family:Wiki: The Poppy Family :w00t::wallbash:

You did get me digging in my "45 memory" though!

Billy Don't Be a Hero

Now Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods, they are a little more of a one hit wonder!

Bo Donaldson....uggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh..horrific....almost as bad as The Hudson Brothers

For me it's Red Rider with Lunatic Fringe. Not necessarily a one hit wonder in Canada but they never hit it big in the U.S. Miami Vice (the TV show) helped them out by using this song in one of their episodes. BTW - caught a rerun of MV ... the sets looked so cheap ... good thing the girls were hot as were the cars.

Mah mah mah mah mah mah mah .. . my Sharona