$9.7 trillion, enough to pay off more than 90 percent

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=was...id=aGq2B3XeGKok

The $9.7 trillion in pledges would be enough to send a $1,430 check to every man, woman and child alive in the world. It’s 13 times what the U.S. has spent so far on wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, according to Congressional Budget Office data, and is almost enough to pay off every home mortgage loan in the U.S., calculated at $10.5 trillion by the Federal Reserve.

I don't see what the big deal is. Printing money employs Americans in the printing industry. And with the decline of the newspapers, there are many printers out of work. This stimulus measure should help them.

A trillion here, a trillion there. No problemo mi amigos!

And everyone laughed when McCain proposed that doing so would be a solution to the mortgage crisis... I have been saying this all along, if you are going to spend that kind of money, start with the source, not the symptoms.

And the people who laughed at him are the same people in the media who see the "great insights" and "wisdom" of this administration who are trying to do something to "save the economy".

While I didn't agree with him on some issues, the only guy who ran for president who had the only real solution was Ron Paul. Go watch the videos of him 2 years ago, 5 years ago, and this guy is spot on how to fix the economy.