Many Reports that Michael Huff to be cut

Thanks for this. :blink:

Can you imagine? A quarter of a century, and there hasn't been a good one since Pete Metz (sorry, Riemersma sucked too).

I wonder if any other team has been weak at this position for this long and simply refused to address it with a first round pick?

It is hard to believe we have not had even a decent TE is such a long time.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this. :blink:

Can you imagine? A quarter of a century, and there hasn't been a good one since Pete Metz (sorry, Riemersma sucked too).

I wonder if any other team has been weak at this position for this long and simply refused to address it with a first round pick?

McKeller was twice the player Metzelaars was, but unfortunately he had injury problems. When healthy, he was probably the best TE in Bills history. That's not saying much, but there you have it.

Just because we landed the best safety in the draft doesn't mean that we did the most we could to improve our team at #8.

Excactly! I like Whitner but he wasn't worth our first pick and #8 th overall pick. It was bad judgement on Levy's part.

Excactly! I like Whitner but he wasn't worth our first pick and #8 th overall pick. It was bad judgement on Levy's part.

Here's the part I don't get. Clearly, our plan was to get a safety and a defensive tackle. Most mock drafts at that point had Whitner in the 25-30 range. We ended up trading up for the 26th pick. So why didn't we draft Ngata (the front office apparently liked Mccargo, but they obviously knew Ngata was better, nonetheless) and then trade up to 26 with the Bears if Whitner was still available. If Whitner had been taken, we could have just waited until the second round and taken the next safety on the draft board. We could have very realistically gotten Ngata AND Whitner.

Is my logic flawed here?

Here's the part I don't get. Clearly, our plan was to get a safety and a defensive tackle. Most mock drafts at that point had Whitner in the 25-30 range. We ended up trading up for the 26th pick. So why didn't we draft Ngata (the front office apparently liked Mccargo, but they obviously knew Ngata was better, nonetheless) and then trade up to 26 with the Bears if Whitner was still available. If Whitner had been taken, we could have just waited until the second round and taken the next safety on the draft board. We could have very realistically gotten Ngata AND Whitner.

Is my logic flawed here?

Yes, because it's based around "expert" mock drafts.

Is my logic flawed here?

I heard, being the farthest point in the 1st Round he would've dropped, Whitner was going to be selected by Miami at pick #16. They ended up taking Jason Allen from Tennessee instead when we selected Whitner.

I heard, being the farthest point in the 1st Round he would've dropped, Whitner was going to be selected by Miami at pick #16. They ended up taking Jason Allen from Tennessee instead when we selected Whitner.

Ok, fair enough. My real gripe isn't them taking Whitner. I just want to know how the hell they ever landed on McCargo.