Many Reports that Michael Huff to be cut

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Each team thinks they're going to get a Polumalu or Reed in the first round when they pick a safety.

Didn't the Raiders essentially "cut" Moss for a 4th round pick?

Every team that tries that forgets that have to be tall, and big to make an impact with great ball-hawking capacities. We went short and not explosive at #8. Worked great!!!

more like ohcrapo. This guy is a bigger bust than Gholston. I wish people would see this as truth.

I say bring Huff in if he is cut. why not. Bryan Scoot for god sakes. cant do much worse. again, damn you taylor mays!!

:blink: We're labeling players as busts before they get in the NFL now? What's completely hillarious is when you said "I wish people would see this as truth." I bet David Koresh was screaming the same thing. Hey, he was from Texas too :doh: You never know, the guy could end up being great and have a "bust" in Canton, Orakpo that is. I'd have to say that the jury is still out on his NFL achievments being he's not even there yet. :lol:

i would rather take my chances on modrak picking a rookie safety in the draft.

Me too. In the 5th round or later.

I was overjoyed on draft day 2006 whem the Raiders selected Huff. There didn't seem to be any other defensive backs slated to go at #8, and I thought that Marv, even knowing his penchant for first round defensive backs, just might select a player to fortify our OL. Of course, my hope were dashed when Good Ol' Marv devoted virtually the entire draft to the secondary.

Ever the idiot, Jauron did the same in 08.

As is well known around here, I think that Trent Edwards will be a good quarterback. That said, I would rather they draft a quarterback in round 1 than yet another first round db.

Any half way logical fan can look at this team and see the holes. There are big, glaring, long term weaknesses on this team. Still, the football stupidity of Jauron is not to be underestimated. My advice to those who will be watching this draft is to steady yourselves for a first round corner, however I think it will be a safety.

Yes, Jauron really is that much of a nitwit.

So much so that RW finally relieved DJ of his authority in personnel by making Modrak part of his 5, wait, inner circle. (Apologies to Charles Barkley)

This franchise should have known not to trust DJ with personnel after the 99 and 00 seasons. When Jerry Angelo arrived, DJ lost personnel control and never had much of a relationship with JA. Now the same thing is happening here.

Worse than his gaffes on gameday, DJ's lack of savvy in personnel is a central reason why he's not capable of putting together a good team. He no doubt held immense sway over Marv in 06 and 07, but the results are still muddy.

I'd trust Modrak a lot more than a coach who's proven he's not good enough on gameday and in personnel.

So much so that RW finally relieved DJ of his authority in personnel by making Modrak part of his 5, wait, inner circle. (Apologies to Charles Barkley)

It would be truly funny were it not so sad. In essence, Jauron had been relegated to losing games on the field. I mean, this is what it amounts to. :blink:

The good news is that if his input is diminished, the draft will be almost certain to improve. Jauron will simply have to lose with better players, but he alredy proved capable of this in Chicago one would imagine.

This franchise should have known not to trust DJ with personnel after the 99 and 00 seasons. When Jerry Angelo arrived, DJ lost personnel control and never had much of a relationship with JA. Now the same thing is happening here.

Worse than his gaffes on gameday, DJ's lack of savvy in personnel is a central reason why he's not capable of putting together a good team. He no doubt held immense sway over Marv in 06 and 07, but the results are still muddy.

I'd trust Modrak a lot more than a coach who's proven he's not good enough on gameday and in personnel.

Modrak has been working the Bills draft for years. These have been his picks, too.

... the bills made the right choice. it was a reach in all the message board GM's minds but mike mayock called the pick dead on he was not a reach and the cutting of huff shows that.

No. It just shows that Whitner is a better safety than Huff. We got that right. But the Bills would be a much better team if we had picked Ngata in the same spot. Whitner is NOT playing at the level a #8 draft pick should be.

Whitner is a Mercedes. But we paid Maserati value for him. It's great to have a Mercedes in your garage, but you can't be thrilled if you paid 3x sticker price, which is basically what happened.

I'm so surprised that Huff never panned out. I thought he was a sure thing. He was so good in that Texas defensive backfield. Big hitter and always around the ball. What the hell happened?

It was Oakland. When he joins an NFL team, who knows what might happen.

I was overjoyed on draft day 2006 whem the Raiders selected Huff. There didn't seem to be any other defensive backs slated to go at #8, and I thought that Marv, even knowing his penchant for first round defensive backs, just might select a player to fortify our OL. Of course, my hope were dashed when Good Ol' Marv devoted virtually the entire draft to the secondary.

As is well known around here, I think that Trent Edwards will be a good quarterback. That said, I would rather they draft a quarterback in round 1 than yet another first round db.

Any half way logical fan can look at this team and see the holes. There are big, glaring, long term weaknesses on this team. Still, the football stupidity of Jauron is not to be underestimated. My advice to those who will be watching this draft is to steady yourselves for a first round corner, however I think it will be a safety.

We haven't drafted DBs unless we needed them. And yes, we needed a CB bigtime last year. And McKelvin was a terrific pick. Now, I wasn't thrilled with the Whitner pick, but we had nobody at that time. It's not like it wasn't a big need.

That's putting a lot of faith in the Bills' scouting department's ability to get the most value out of each and every draft pick. I wish I was as faithful.

Really? He did pick three secondary players that year........out of nine picks. Since when is one third "virtually the entire draft"? It wasn't my draft, but it's a bit of hyperbole (shocking to come from you, William) to say it was a D back driven draft. To give a smidge of credit to the Bills (just a smidge), they did pick 2 D linemen (one who starts) and 3 O linemen (one starter) in that draft, plus one linebacker (a former starter).

Hmmm........ten picks: 3 D backs. So, 30% of the draft (down 3% from Levy's "debacle" of a draft you spoke of earlier) is "the same"? I will grant you this: they only drafted one O lineman and one D lineman in '08.

I'd rather the team hit the mark w/ their selections instead of making excuses as to why they aren't playing up to snuff, including Trent Edwards.

I honestly hope, for your piece of mind, William, that they do not select a first round DB. It's tough to see one of my good friends suffering like this.

Whitner is a Mercedes. But we paid Maserati value for him. It's great to have a Mercedes in your garage, but you can't be thrilled if you paid 3x sticker price, which is basically what happened.

Please don't insult the Mercedes brand.

We haven't drafted DBs unless we needed them. And yes, we needed a CB bigtime last year. And McKelvin was a terrific pick. Now, I wasn't thrilled with the Whitner pick, but we had nobody at that time. It's not like it wasn't a big need.

We also needed a tight end. When was the last time (if ever) we took one in the first round? Now, I understand that there are less TEs used than corners, but how about OG, OT, DE,, or any other position?

The truth is that the Bills, for some unknown stupid reason, focus on the secondary above all else. If this resulted in winning I woulld be all for it, but it doesn't and never will. It is exactly what one would expect from a patented loser such as Jauron.

We also needed a tight end. When was the last time (if ever) we took one in the first round? Now, I understand that there are less TEs used than corners, but how about OG, OT, DE,, or any other position?

The truth is that the Bills, for some unknown stupid reason, focus on the secondary above all else. If this resulted in winning I woulld be all for it, but it doesn't and never will. It is exactly what one would expect from a patented loser such as Jauron.

Tony Hunter 1983. 12th pick in 1st round. Sorry, you asked.

Tony Hunter 1983. 12th pick in 1st round. Sorry, you asked.

Thanks for this. :blink:

Can you imagine? A quarter of a century, and there hasn't been a good one since Pete Metz (sorry, Riemersma sucked too).

I wonder if any other team has been weak at this position for this long and simply refused to address it with a first round pick?