Many Reports that Michael Huff to be cut

Numerous outlets are reporting that the Raiders will cut Michael Huff who was selected one pick before the Bills took Donte Whitner in 2006. Huff was the consensus top safety in that draft and was considered a top ten pick. Whitner was generally considered a reach when the Bills chose him.

Just thought it was worth a mention.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ennjay is absolutely right....Mike Williams, Huff, Vince Young. All top ten draft picks. From what I have heard from different NFL people....a lot of Texas players consider playing at Univ Texas the pinnacle of football. Love playing there etc....and after signing big contracts effort and focus is lacking. Certainly a generalization but tends to be something to be aware of when taking a player from Texas.

Ennjay is absolutely right....Mike Williams, Huff, Vince Young. All top ten draft picks. From what I have heard from different NFL people....a lot of Texas players consider playing at Univ Texas the pinnacle of football. Love playing there etc....and after signing big contracts effort and focus is lacking. Certainly a generalization but tends to be something to be aware of when taking a player from Texas.

Like O-SACK-po? I worry about Orakpo taking plays off.

Numerous outlets are reporting that the Raiders will cut Michael Huff who was selected one pick before the Bills took Donte Whitner in 2006. Huff was the consensus top safety in that draft and was considered a top ten pick. Whitner was generally considered a reach when the Bills chose him.

Therefore Whitner was a great pick.

Go Marv! :wallbash:

Very true....what you want is value. Whether it is an NFL player, home or a stock you really want value in the end. Huff's play is poor for a 6M/yr player but at 1.5M you can tolerate it and even be content with the play.

Would the Bllls consider playing him across from Whitner? The rare dual-top-ten-from-the-same-year-safety-corps.

I am sure there will be the usual love feast with Dallas especially considering that Dallas defense was wanting.

mention what. that the bills made the right choice. it was a reach in all the message board GM's minds but mike mayock called the pick dead on he was not a reach and the cutting of huff shows that.

if your insinuating we go after huff no freaking way. think of the money the raiders paid the #7 pick and have invested in huff. now their going to flat out cut him that speaks volumes as to the type of player he is,can you say colassal bust. there is no way the bills will touch the guy.

more like ohcrapo. This guy is a bigger bust than Gholston. I wish people would see this as truth.

I say bring Huff in if he is cut. why not. Bryan Scoot for god sakes. cant do much worse. again, damn you taylor mays!!

thats total BS. bryan scott is 10 times more physical then huff who by the way is a free saftey and not a physical player in any way shape or manner . why wouuld you want to take a guy who cant play. do you think the raiders are stupid(besides davis) if the guy could play they would not cut him. i would rather take my chances on modrak picking a rookie safety in the draft.

i do however agree on orapko no way do i want the bills to take him @ 11.

mention what. that the bills made the right choice. it was a reach in all the message board GM's minds but mike mayock called the pick dead on he was not a reach and the cutting of huff shows that.

if your insinuating we go after huff no freaking way. think of the money the raiders paid the #7 pick and have invested in huff. now their going to flat out cut him that speaks volumes as to the type of player he is,can you say colassal bust. there is no way the bills will touch the guy.

Easy there Tiger!

I painstakingly chose my words so as not to imply one single g-damn thing. Look at the end of my quote. Is says "Just thought it was worth a mention."

I'm not insinuating anything. I thought it was newsworthy and interesting and so did other people like yourself who felt the need to opine on this.

Believe me if I thought the Bills made the right choice or the wrong choice I would have said so. As I've said several times in the past, I thought we should have drafted Haloti Ngata who went at #12 or Broderick Bunkley who went at #14.

Please try to understand the difference between a news item and an editorial. It'll make life less stressful for you.

:wallbash:

There's another way of looking at busts in two ways.

One is the guy who gets immediately fat and complacent and as a result underachieves.

Then there is the guy who simply was not good and was overrated by scouts. This person might try very hard to succeed but he's just not good enough. In these cases, you have to blame the team which overrated him.

oak tree12 disclaimer: I'm not saying whether Huff is the first type of the second type. Don't know enough to make that judgement. Just wanted to point out that when a player busts it's not always his fault.