Interesting Positive Notes About The Bills

H2o

I sent a thank you note to Bob Matthews for this article. It's been awhile since he said something positive about the Bills. The fact that Bills fans (7th in the NFL in avg. home attendance) have supported the team through these lean years might have motivated him to change his tune:

"Dear Bob, Thanks for your morning D&C article about the positives of the Bills. The fact that Bills fans (7th in the NFL in avg. home attendance) have supported the team through these lean years (as I have since the '60's) is a good enough reason for local sportswriters to keep a balance between positives and negatives when reviewing New York's only team. I respect your opinion more today because of this morning's article. Thanks!"

I sent a thank you note to Bob Matthews for this article. It's been awhile since he said something positive about the Bills. The fact that Bills fans (7th in the NFL in avg. home attendance) have supported the team through these lean years might have motivated him to change his tune:

"Dear Bob, Thanks for your morning D&C article about the positives of the Bills. The fact that Bills fans (7th in the NFL in avg. home attendance) have supported the team through these lean years (as I have since the '60's) is a good enough reason for local sportswriters to keep a balance between positives and negatives when reviewing New York's only team. I respect your opinion more today because of this morning's article. Thanks!"

Basically it breaks down to this: Is the glass half full or is it half empty? Once you get to know the individuals on this message board you get a sense of how they view their world, and a glimpse into what sort of people they might be.

i don't know where they got 94 tackles for denney. espn has him @ 58 with mitchell having 82.

Yours are the correct numbers per NFL.com and BuffaloBills.com.

While it is a nice change to see SOME positive things written about a team that can't be ALL negative, let's not forget that Matthews is a crappy journalist.

Yours are the correct numbers per NFL.com and BuffaloBills.com.

While it is a nice change to see SOME positive things written about a team that can't be ALL negative, let's not forget that Matthews is a crappy journalist.

Here's the thing Dean. Mostly he's posting statistical facts with a minimum of editorializing. So his alleged crappiness as a journalist really isn't coming into play on this one.

It's like if Roscoe Parrish made a nice 20 yard catch and run and someone said, "yeah but remember he's a lousy blocker."

It's not part of the play.

Here's the thing Dean. Mostly he's posting statistical facts with a minimum of editorializing. So his alleged crappiness as a journalist really isn't coming into play on this one.

It's like if Roscoe Parrish made a nice 20 yard catch and run and someone said, "yeah but remember he's a lousy blocker."

It's not part of the play.

I'm simply commenting that, just because Matthews wrote something that we might like, we shouldn't forget he isn't a good sports writer. Of course, his complete bungling of the Denney tackles stat, supports that, I think. Or, if the Bills' year-end review really did have Denney at 94 tackles, Matthews should have noted that the Bills website (as well as ESPN.com and NFL.com) has him at 58 tackles.

So, after some one says, "Parrish made a nice 20 yard catch and run", I'm not saying "yeah but remember he's a lousy blocker"...I'm saying, "Pay attention, that catch and run was only 8 yards."

Did not surprise me at all about Denney. He is a very good tackler and many of the plays were run to his side.

I like Denny too. He is not a speed rusher but he is solid at DE or DT in some situaitons and His height makes him better against the pass that his 5 sacks would indicate.