4 Fili Moala Southern California

5 Evander 'Ziggy' Hood Missouri

Outside linebackers

1 Aaron Curry Wake Forest

2 Brian Orakpo Texas

3 Brian Cushing Southern California

4 *Aaron Maybin Penn State

5 Everette Brown Florida State

Interesting where he has placed Maybin...meanwhile McShay's current mock has us taking him at 11.

Link to all positions

Just because Mayock has Orakpo, Brown, and Maybin listed as 3-4 OLB's doesn't mean they couldn't be a 4-3 DE in the NFL. I think that Lamaar Woodley is the perfect example of a 3-4 guy who COULD play DE. He did at Michigan at times and he could in the NFL.

Just because Mayock has Orakpo, Brown, and Maybin listed as 3-4 OLB's doesn't mean they couldn't be a 4-3 DE in the NFL. I think that Lamaar Woodley is the perfect example of a 3-4 guy who COULD play DE. He did at Michigan at times and he could in the NFL.

Maybe; or it could mean these guys are all tweeners, who would get bowled over against the run as a 4-3 DE.

But you're right--there are certainly guys that could play either a 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE without any drop-off in level of play (Peppers, Suggs, probably Freeney).

Mayock and Kiper are the top draft analysts and it continues to amaze me how McShay has any credibility. To my knowledge, his only draft/personnel experience has been working for ESPN Scouts, Inc.

But I like Mayock's perspective. He's not perfect (didn't like John Carlson, TE from ND last year) but he's better than anyone including Kiper.

I'm not overly impressed at this point with Orakpo, Brown, or Maybin. Orakpo has the physical ability, but disappears for stretches. I've read that Brown may not have the strength to play DE at this point. Maybin's got 2 years at PSU, and while he's got excellent speed, he's still got only two years play at the collegiate level.

With nothing at DE in FA besides Peppers and perhaps Suggs, you have to wonder whether the Bills will take a DE out of need alone.

Mayock and Kiper are the top draft analysts and it continues to amaze me how McShay has any credibility. To my knowledge, his only draft/personnel experience has been working for ESPN Scouts, Inc.

But I like Mayock's perspective. He's not perfect (didn't like John Carlson, TE from ND last year) but he's better than anyone including Kiper.

I'm not overly impressed at this point with Orakpo, Brown, or Maybin. Orakpo has the physical ability, but disappears for stretches. I've read that Brown may not have the strength to play DE at this point. Maybin's got 2 years at PSU, and while he's got excellent speed, he's still got only two years play at the collegiate level.

With nothing at DE in FA besides Peppers and perhaps Suggs, you have to wonder whether the Bills will take a DE out of need alone.

Best player on the board is the rule of thumb, personally we need to get a few top tier FA's to help us.

Maybe; or it could mean these guys are all tweeners, who would get bowled over against the run as a 4-3 DE.

But you're right--there are certainly guys that could play either a 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE without any drop-off in level of play (Peppers, Suggs, probably Freeney).

Yes indeed this is a very grey area. There are athletes who will be able play 3-4 rushbacker or 4-3 end. And there are those who won't. I don't think size has as much to do with it as some might think.

First point: Aaron Schobel plays at 242 lbs. Chris Kelsay at 261. Are they so good at holding the point of attack that people are concerned about putting in someone of equivalent size like a Brown or an Orakpo?

Second point: It's been announced in the last few days that Aaron Kampman, Green Bay's equivalent to Aaron Schobel, and Elvis Dumervil, Denver's top pass rusher are being switched to 3-4 rushbackers. There's just as much risk in moving these established NFL guys from their "natural" positions as there is in projecting college tweeners to a particular position in the pros.

In other words, it's a grey area and a crapshoot. We don't know if it'll work and most likely the NFL teams don't know either. That said I would never assume that a college tweener couldn't play one position or the other unless I had watched sh_tloads of tape and had years of scouting experience. And even then...

As a big football fan like the rest of you, when I watch Everette Brown I see a very natural pass rusher who has played end his whole career and is a junior and can put weight on his 260 frame and has already graduated. I just hope he drops to us. Though I'm not really qualified to say so and could very well be wrong, I can't see how this guy doesn't become a great NFL defensive end.

I think unless Orakpo is an OLB first and a DE 2nd. Much like Vernon Gholston last year.

Maybin, and Brown are OLBs only at the NFL level.

Johnson and Jackson are the only DE's that can play our antiquated 4-3 system. With Johnson having the higher upside and Jackson being the run stopper.

SO yes, for the bills, a DE other than Michael Johnson @ 11 is a bad idea. Draft Cushing.

I think that drafting Cushing at #11 would be a bad idea. He's versitile and a physical specimen for sure, but he's been hurt too frequent to be taken that high. We could also get some one that is an actual need at that spot. We have Poz (like him or not), Mitchell, and are probably going to re-sign Crowell. We won't be going LB @ #11. It's either DL or OL without a second thought. OK, on second thought it could be a DB :thumbsup: